Topics

BamarMEJ1.02 furling motor

ngtnewington Newington

Earlier on in my passage from Madeira I had a problem with the Genoa furler. It turned out to be the motor. I switched it for the staysail one which is like new, so I could carry on my voyage.
Now I need to decide how to proceed. The defective motor is shorting on its windings and I can see a strand that is actually broken.
The question is:
To send to rewind shop for repair
Or to buy new?
Or to buy one from another Amel owner who has upgraded to newer better furlers and who has the old ones?
Nick S/Y Amelia
AML54-019 approaching Preveza

Teun BAAS

Nick,

I have both BAMAR generation 2 furlers for sale but they are in NOUMEA NEW CALEDONIA.

If interested email me: teun at amelit dot net  teun@...

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

PORT VILA  VANUATU

June 11, 2019 08:30:21

Earlier  on in my passage from Madeira I had a problem with the Genoa furler. It turned out to be the motor. I switched it for the staysail one which is like new, so I could carry on my voyage.

Now I need to decide how to proceed. The defective motor is shorting on its windings and I can see a strand that is actually broken.

The question is:

To send to rewind shop for repair

Or to buy new?

Or to buy one from another Amel owner who has upgraded to newer better furlers and who has the old ones?

Nick S/Y Amelia

AML54-019 approaching Preveza

Arno Luijten

Hi Nick,

I have a working set of original furlers for sale, they are located in St Martin. There is an earlier post of me on the forum with some pictures

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121