Topics

Forward holding tank inlet clogged

Thomas Kleman

Actually, there was an outlet clog also but several chemical treatments cured that. However, the macerator pump easily lifts water to fill the hose beyond the joker valve, then encounters a clog. Ive tried snaking this and also flushing chemicals to put them in touch with the clog, but no luck.

Not sure of the shape of this fitting at the top of holding tank so snaking it is kind of difficult. Since the clog is at the top of the tank, I would need a lot of chemicals to fill the holding tank from the deck access point to address the clog that way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom Kleman
SM2K 422
San Andres Colombia

Thomas Kleman

Thanks Bill- reminds me of one of my first projects as a new Amel owner and I used your equally prescriptive copper ground strap project plan successfully. Can't wait for your book.