Steyr impeller maintenance

Paul Brown

Hello, inquiring for assistance for the best procedure to inspect and or replacement of my impeller, I have an Amel 55 with a Steyr 144 engine and the impeller is in a tight spot, I’m presuming the oil filter should be removed to be improve access. Has anyone had experience with this item? Regards Paul - Fortuna II

Jose Alegria

Paul hello

You are correct; it is almost impossible take out the impeller without remove the oil filter first.
I change the impeller and after take out the oil filter is ± easy change the impeller
Regards
Jose Alegria
Amel55#003 - MERIT

Paul Brown

Hello Jose

I am going to remove the raw water pump and replace the impeller that way, it may take longer but I expect it to be easier.

I’ll let you know if it does work out easier

Regards Paul - Fortuna II 55/17