Topics

Code D sail

James Cromie

To any Amel SM owner with a code D sail:

I am planning to get a code D sail to complement my downwind sailing kit.

I am wondering what sail size, dimensions, and material (and cloth weight) other use for this sail or similar.
Q sails in Turkey is offering a 130 sqm Code D made with PN 150 which has a weight of 1.75 sm-oz.

Many thanks!

James
Soteria. 347

Gerald Bassin

Hi James

I use a code D.
Code D is a registered name by Delta voiles....
So what the turkish sail maker is manufacturing is... something else maybe?

Check : http://deltavoiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Voiles-de-Portant-cruising-CODE-D.pdf in french or
in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nPSdkYP98

Brgrds

Gerald Bassin
Jetlag
SM#113

On 28/06/2019 16:08, James Cromie via Groups.Io wrote:
To any Amel SM owner with a code D sail:
I am planning to get a code D sail to complement my downwind sailing
kit.
I am wondering what sail size, dimensions, and material (and cloth
weight) other use for this sail or similar.
Q sails in Turkey is offering a 130 sqm Code D made with PN 150 which
has a weight of 1.75 sm-oz.
Many thanks!
James
Soteria. 347
Links:
------
[1] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/message/46512
[2] https://groups.io/mt/32242130/1768002
[3] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/post
[4] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/editsub/1768002
[5] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

James Cromie

Thank you Gerald.  Yes, I am aware of the Delta Voiles sail.  For lack of a better name, some seem to refer to it as a Code D, since it is somewhere between a Code zero and an asymmetric spinnaker.  Sort of like Kleenex perhaps.  Is there is another term I should use to refer to this type of sail?

Do you happen to know the dimensions of your sail and cloth weight?

Kindly,
James

On Jun 29, 2019 12:08, Gerald Bassin <gerald.bassin@...> wrote:

Hi James

I use a code D.
Code D is a registered name by Delta voiles....
So what the turkish sail maker is manufacturing is... something else
maybe?

Check :
http://deltavoiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Voiles-de-Portant-cruising-CODE-D.pdf
  in french or
in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nPSdkYP98

Brgrds

Gerald Bassin
Jetlag
SM#113

On 28/06/2019 16:08, James Cromie via Groups.Io wrote:
> To any Amel SM owner with a code D sail:
>
> I am planning to get a code D sail to complement my downwind sailing
> kit.
>
> I am wondering what sail size, dimensions, and material (and cloth
> weight) other use for this sail or similar.
> Q sails in Turkey is offering a 130 sqm Code D made with PN 150 which
> has a weight of 1.75 sm-oz.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> James
> Soteria. 347
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/message/46512
> [2] https://groups.io/mt/32242130/1768002
> [3] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/post
> [4] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/editsub/1768002
> [5]
> https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Gerald Bassin

Hi James
I’ m not on the boat until december and do not have the exact data of the sail. Mine was made by the shop in Port Camargue  S France in 2015.
Mr Ferrari might have those data...
It ‘s ca 130 sqm.
Do you plan to have a bow sprit installed and where will the hallyard be (above or below the genoa hallyard)?
I had quite a strugle to make everything wirk without chaffing issues

Brgrds
Gerald

On 29 Jun 2019, at 20:54, James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie@...> wrote:

Thank you Gerald.  Yes, I am aware of the Delta Voiles sail.  For lack of a better name, some seem to refer to it as a Code D, since it is somewhere between a Code zero and an asymmetric spinnaker.  Sort of like Kleenex perhaps.  Is there is another term I should use to refer to this type of sail?

Do you happen to know the dimensions of your sail and cloth weight?

Kindly,
James

On Jun 29, 2019 12:08, Gerald Bassin <gerald.bassin@...> wrote:

Hi James

I use a code D.
Code D is a registered name by Delta voiles....
So what the turkish sail maker is manufacturing is... something else
maybe?

Check :
http://deltavoiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Voiles-de-Portant-cruising-CODE-D.pdf
  in french or
in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nPSdkYP98

Brgrds

Gerald Bassin
Jetlag
SM#113

On 28/06/2019 16:08, James Cromie via Groups.Io wrote:
> To any Amel SM owner with a code D sail:
>
> I am planning to get a code D sail to complement my downwind sailing
> kit.
>
> I am wondering what sail size, dimensions, and material (and cloth
> weight) other use for this sail or similar.
> Q sails in Turkey is offering a 130 sqm Code D made with PN 150 which
> has a weight of 1.75 sm-oz.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> James
> Soteria. 347
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/message/46512
> [2] https://groups.io/mt/32242130/1768002
> [3] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/post
> [4] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/editsub/1768002
> [5]
> https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Code D is a type of cut of a sail. The words "Code D" could be registered in France by anyone. Frenc registration has no impact on anyone outside of the EU.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970 (If I do not have your number in My Contacts, you will go to VoiceMail. Text me in advance with your number and I'll white list it.)