Question to Amel 55 owners

Hans-Joerg Wildhagen

Dear all Amel 55 Owners

does one of you have this „crack“ problems at the Stern above the rudder?
Thank you
Hans-Jörg Wildhagen
SY WASABI hull 13

Paul Brown

Could you please send wider image it is difficult for me to see the reference area?

Regards Paul 55#17

On 5 Jul 2019, at 3:57 pm, Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:

Dear all Amel 55 Owners

does one of you have this „crack“ problems at the Stern above the rudder?
Thank you
Hans-Jörg Wildhagen
SY WASABI hull 13
<DA50F479-6051-4870-BB50-F32F276A50A8.jpeg>

Hans-Joerg Wildhagen

Hi Paul
Actually I am in Germany and the boat is in Panama.
It is between the rudder and the foldable bathing plattform with the ladder
Regards Hans-Jörg

Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> schrieb am Fr. 5. Juli 2019 um 17:31:

Could you please send wider image it is difficult for me to see the reference area?

Regards Paul 55#17

On 5 Jul 2019, at 3:57 pm, Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:

Dear all Amel 55 Owners

does one of you have this „crack“ problems at the Stern above the rudder?
Thank you
Hans-Jörg Wildhagen
SY WASABI hull 13
<DA50F479-6051-4870-BB50-F32F276A50A8.jpeg>

Paul Brown

Ok Hans, I understand now, I have just completed the bottom maintenance on my 55 and certainly didn’t see any such crack or signs of a such a thing

Best of luck and of course hope it’s only in the gel coat layer.

Regards Paul 55#17

On 5 Jul 2019, at 5:55 pm, Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:

Hi Paul
Actually I am in Germany and the boat is in Panama.
It is between the rudder and the foldable bathing plattform with the ladder
Regards Hans-Jörg

Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> schrieb am Fr. 5. Juli 2019 um 17:31:
Could you please send wider image it is difficult for me to see the reference area?

Regards Paul 55#17

On 5 Jul 2019, at 3:57 pm, Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:

Dear all Amel 55 Owners

does one of you have this „crack“ problems at the Stern above the rudder?
Thank you
Hans-Jörg Wildhagen
SY WASABI hull 13
<DA50F479-6051-4870-BB50-F32F276A50A8.jpeg>

Paul,

I think it is directly in the middle of the stern.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970 (If I do not have your number in My Contacts, you will go to VoiceMail. Text me in advance with your number and I'll white list it.)

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:31 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Could you please send wider image it is difficult for me to see the reference area?

Regards Paul 55#17

On 5 Jul 2019, at 3:57 pm, Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:

Dear all Amel 55 Owners

does one of you have this „crack“ problems at the Stern above the rudder?
Thank you
Hans-Jörg Wildhagen
SY WASABI hull 13
<DA50F479-6051-4870-BB50-F32F276A50A8.jpeg>

Paul Brown

Thank you so much Bill, do you know if this is a common issue?

Regards Paul

On 5 Jul 2019, at 6:27 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

First I have seen it, but I only have 7 Amel 55 clients,

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 11:40 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
[...]

Joerg Esdorn

No such issue on my boat.

Joerg Esdorn