Topics

Companionway locker for SM2K

Olaf Bauer

Hi AMELians,

Does anyone know where to buy the companionway locker for a SM2K or a similar one? The original one from AMEL France should cost EUR 575.00 pls taxes and fees :-o

Hope to get a similiar or original one significantly more favourable

Fair winds

Olaf

S/V Katchopine, SM2K 392

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Olaf,

Did you try rebuilding your?

Here is what I did:
http://www.nikimat.com/companion_way_broken_lock.html

Hope that helps and good luck!

Alexandre

On Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:00:30 PM CDT, Olaf Bauer <olaf.bauer@...> wrote:

Hi AMELians,

Does anyone know where to buy the companionway locker for a SM2K or a similar one? The original one from AMEL France should cost EUR 575.00 pls taxes and fees :-o

Hope to get a similiar or original one significantly more favourable

Fair winds

Olaf

S/V Katchopine, SM2K 392

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

Ouch, that much now.
We took ours to a locksmith that managed to renovate it, thats about 10 years ago. It is still going strong.
Maybe that is a solution for you

Hälsningar/Regards/Cumprementos
Ann-Sofie
S\Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998.

Skickat från min iPhone

22 juli 2019 kl. 18:00 skrev Olaf Bauer <olaf.bauer@...>:

Hi AMELians,

Does anyone know where to buy the companionway locker for a SM2K or a similar one? The original one from AMEL France should cost EUR 575.00 pls taxes and fees :-o

Hope to get a similiar or original one significantly more favourable

Fair winds

Olaf

S/V Katchopine, SM2K 392

<campanionway locker 1.JPG>

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

I will take tomorrow the details and will try to get one in Germany where we order ouer where we order our stuff for the carpentry

Best Elja
SM 222 Balu

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 22.07.2019 um 20:13 schrieb Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg <ann-sofie@...>:

Ouch, that much now.
We took ours to a locksmith that managed to renovate it, thats about 10 years ago. It is still going strong.
Maybe that is a solution for you

Hälsningar/Regards/Cumprementos
Ann-Sofie
S\Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998.

Skickat från min iPhone

22 juli 2019 kl. 18:00 skrev Olaf Bauer <olaf.bauer@...>:

Hi AMELians,

Does anyone know where to buy the companionway locker for a SM2K or a similar one? The original one from AMEL France should cost EUR 575.00 pls taxes and fees :-o

Hope to get a similiar or original one significantly more favourable

Fair winds

Olaf

S/V Katchopine, SM2K 392

<campanionway locker 1.JPG>

Mark McGovern

Olaf,

I got the same "shock" this past winter when my lock failed.  The lock on my boat was not the original lock but was a very common door lock used throughout France.  I ended up getting this one:  https://www.amazon.fr/City-Verrou-suret%C3%A9-Cylindre-s%C3%A9curit%C3%A9/dp/B07JHTQXDQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1548273837&sr=1-1&keywords=verrou+city+25

The bolt pattern was perfect but I did have to modify it slightly to get it to fit. I had to shorten the locking bar by about ~10mm.  Also, it is definitely not "Marine Grade" so it will eventually rust out.  A little Corrosion X will help and since it only cost around €25, I figure that I can replace it 20 times and still save money! ;)

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

https://rover.ebay.de/rover/0/0/99?loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fp%2F1558229770%3Fiid%3D380853144749

He Olaf schau doch mal das könnte passen

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 22.07.2019 um 20:00 schrieb Olaf Bauer <olaf.bauer@...>:

Hi AMELians,

Does anyone know where to buy the companionway locker for a SM2K or a similar one? The original one from AMEL France should cost EUR 575.00 pls taxes and fees :-o

Hope to get a similiar or original one significantly more favourable

Fair winds

Olaf

S/V Katchopine, SM2K 392

<campanionway locker 1.JPG>

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

You can probably rebuild it, as I did. Probably just a loose screw.

Ken on Aquarius.