From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Champness
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:06 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Storm tactics

How did you have the drogue attached when you had that experience?  I'm trying to envision how the mizzen shrouds would be involved.

Jacob Champness

How did you have the drogue attached when you had that experience?  I'm trying to envision how the mizzen shrouds would be involved.

Jacob Champness

Thanks.  Very interesting article!

eric freedman

http://www.oceannavigator.com/March-April-2011/Prepare-for-survival-conditions/

Hi Jacob,

Yes I have been in a hurricane on the drogue.

Please see above.

When I had kimberlite built I had the stern cleats super reinforced.

In an existing installation I would change out the cleats for heavy forged stainless ones and add a big piece of backing.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376