De : Arlo <svplanb@...>
Date : 17/09/2020 16:16 (GMT+01:00)
À : main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Objet : Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow locker seals

Has anyone found a proper gasket for the Amel deck and cockpit lockers? I see lots of initial investigation so I am hoping that someone can post what they finally settled on. I see 1 post about ordering from Amel. I have a 1985 Mango so its unlikely that Amel will have these in stock. So I am looking for an after market solution.

I know of 1 other Mango owner also looking for a good replacement gasket source and model number.

Thanks
Arlo
1985 Amel Mango # 46

Mark Pitt

Hi Arlo,

I used "D-section 342 with adhesive, 100 feet ($1.129 per foot), part 342HATS-100, from Clean Seal, Inc.
P.O. Box 2919 – 20900 West Ireland Road
South Bend, IN 46680-2919 USA
FAX: (574) 299-8044     Phone: (574) 299-1888
(800) 366-3682
HTTP://www.cleanseal.com    e-mail:cleanseal@...

It is self-adhesive and works well. There are other seals to choose from.

Mark Pitt

Sabbatical III, SM419, Rhode Island, USA

On 9/17/2020 10:16 AM, Arlo wrote:
Has anyone found a proper gasket for the Amel deck and cockpit lockers? I see lots of initial investigation so I am hoping that someone can post what they finally settled on. I see 1 post about ordering from Amel. I have a 1985 Mango so its unlikely that Amel will have these in stock. So I am looking for an after market solution.

I know of 1 other Mango owner also looking for a good replacement gasket source and model number.

Thanks
Arlo
1985 Amel Mango # 46

Aras Grinius

McMaster Carr carries gasket material that matches and works/  I've used it opn my 1998 Sharki

Aras
Sharki #163 1988

--
Aras Grinius

Arlo

Has anyone found a proper gasket for the Amel deck and cockpit lockers? I see lots of initial investigation so I am hoping that someone can post what they finally settled on. I see 1 post about ordering from Amel. I have a 1985 Mango so its unlikely that Amel will have these in stock. So I am looking for an after market solution.

I know of 1 other Mango owner also looking for a good replacement gasket source and model number.

Thanks
Arlo
1985 Amel Mango # 46

eric freedman

Hi,

I just bought my seals from Maud.

It is on my boat and I will wait till I get to the Caribbean to install it.

What I received seems to be a low durometer. I will report back when I have a minute.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376