Mango Sail sizes

Need sail sizes for 1986 Mango with furling main.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

Gerry Filgiano

PS
I replied only to you since I understand that this would not be an acceptable discussion in the forum.
Thanks
Gerry Filgiano

On Aug 5, 2019, at 11:59 AM, Gerry Filgiano <filgiano@...> wrote:

Hi, Bill,
I have joined the owners group forum as a prospective buyer of an Amel.
I was chartering in Greece last month and was speaking with an owner of a 54. I am considering buying a 54 or a 55 and he mentioned that you have some reservations about the 55. Would you expand on that since I am leaning towards a55 and would hate to find out the hard way what the issues are.  Speaking with Boris at the Annapolis boat show a couple of years ago gave me the impression that the 55 was far superior but then again, he’s in the business of selling new boats.
Do you have any thoughts on the topic?
Thanks very much,
Gerry Filgiano

On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:31 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Joerg Esdorn

Hi Gerry, I have owned a 55 for 4 years and sailed it some 9000 miles.   I’m not selling it. I think you should talk to real owners, rather than consultants or people interested in selling you something. I’m available if you want.  Cheers. Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55, #53
Kincsem

Gerry,

I like all Amel models, including the newest 50 and 60. Some models are an evolution of previous Amels, and some models break new ground like some of the first models Henri Amel made. Sometimes when someone explains the difference between one model and the next, the listener can get the unintended impression that one is better than the other.

You are correct, this forum is certainly not the place for this subject.

If you want to have a private discussion about the differences, or about anything, contact me at bill"at"yachtschool.us.

Bill Rouse
Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550