Topics

Insurance carriers

Mike Ondra

Having been dropped by Travelers we are receiving quotes for coverage for East Coast US and Caribbean (not hurricane season). Age is apparently a factor in rates and Aletes is a 1998 hull. Received quote from IRSUS Inc./Aspen American Insurance Company for $4797 on hull value of $225,000 with 5% deductible. Does anyone have experience with this company?

Geico quote was $5808 with 4% deductible.

Thoughts?

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

Chesapeake Bay

Mark Erdos

Mike,

I am assuming you are USA flagged?

I spent a lot of time on insurance after Pantaenius USA changed their Caribbean policy requirements to a point where it was just about impossible to comply.

If you are not planning on being anywhere near the Caribe during the season, try talking to Scott:

Scott Stusek | Vice President

PANTAENIUS America Ltd.

500 Mamaroneck Avenue |Harrison, NY 10528 | United States of America

Tel. 443-569-7995 | Fax. 443-569-7996 | Cell 914-217-7991 sstusek@pantaenius.com | www.pantaenius.us

Another option that may work for you is an awesome company called Novamar. It is an A-Rated insurance company with a really easy to understand policy. The contact is Chris. He is an independent agency who writes a lot of policies for Novamar.

Chris Boome Insurance Agency

LIC# 0A99058

751 Laurel Street #216

San Carlos, CA 94070

O: 650-517-3160  C: 650-464-0728

WWW.CHRISBOOME.COM

E-mail: chris@...

Both of the companies above will offer a stated value / declared value policies.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Having been dropped by Travelers we are receiving quotes for coverage for East Coast US and Caribbean (not hurricane season). Age is apparently a factor in rates and Aletes is a 1998 hull. Received quote from IRSUS Inc./Aspen American Insurance Company for $4797 on hull value of $225,000 with 5% deductible. Does anyone have experience with this company?

Geico quote was $5808 with 4% deductible.

Thoughts?

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

Chesapeake Bay

Matt Salatino

Sorry to jump in on this thread....
We are taking possession of our Amel 50 in Sept.
We are searching for insurance now.
USA flagged, but cruising the Iberian Peninsula and the Med.
Thanks in advance...

On Aug 8, 2019, at 12:21 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark & Debbie Mueller

I recently met a 2001 SM owner who had a near lightning strike that killed most of the electronics on board.  His broker is Hanham Insurance Agency.  Not sure of the brokers name but the mobile number is 843.276.1608; I think the underwriter is Yacht Insurers.  He has been pleased with the service he has received including the funding of the repairs which are ongoing currently.  hanhaminsurance.com

--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54