Topics

Amel Mango Emergency Tiller Storage Location

Charles Bell

Can anyone tell me the correct location to store the Emergency tiller and rudder post extension on an Amel Mango?

The storage locations for all the other specialty parts on the boat make sense... but I cannot seem to find where the emergency tiller (180cm+ long) should be stored. When I took possession of my boat the emergency tiller was loose in the port cockpit lazarette. I just can't bring myself to think this is how the factory intended it to be stored.

I have read the posts regarding emergency tiller storage on the SM's. The emergency tiller arm on is too long to fit in the cabinets behind the pilot berth. The only location I have not eliminated is the bilge directly in front of the salon settee.

Did I miss something? Does anyone remember the factory storage location for the emergency tiller and supporting hardware?

Thank you,

Charles
SV Saturn
Amel Mango

svcharisma

The emergency tiller is in the pilot berth area on top of the fuel tank, not in the cabinets above.

Alan
sv Charisma
Mango #62

marklesparkle59

Charles,
My emergency tiller on a Sharki lives in the cockpit lazarette. I might try it out on the
Companionway shelf although I wouldn't want it flying around.
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

[...]

Thank you Alan!

I will go take some measures and see if I can tuck then up about the pilot berth shelf.

Charles

Dan

Both my fathers ex mango Hull #31 and my #33
Both store it in the forward port berth.

Arlo

Excellent question...mine is in the port cockpit locker....wonder if it would fit under the aft bunk....mmm

Charles Bell

Ok, I went and did some looking.

In Mango #29, above the pilot berth, there is no shelf.

So I will follow Dan's advice and see if they will fit in the forward port berth, either under the berth or on the self above the berth.

Thank you for the help everyone! I will report back after I take a look at the forward port berth.

Charles

Dan

image1.jpeg

Charles Bell