Topics

New file uploaded to main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io group.

File: Amel – Super Maramu 2000 – Mizzen Furling Gearbox Overhaul Final.doc

Uploaded By: Gary Silver

SM Mizzen Furling Gearbox Overhaul

You can access this file at the URL:
https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/files/Amel%20%E2%80%93%20Super%20Maramu%202000%20%E2%80%93%20Mizzen%20Furling%20Gearbox%20Overhaul%20Final.doc

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Mark McGovern

Gary,

Perfect timing!  This is next on my To Do list after rebuilding the Main Furler.  Thank you!
--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Roque

Nicely done,  Gary! Congrats.

Thanks for taking the time.

Roque
Attika A54 #117
Paraty

Em dom, 22 de set de 2019 às 10:56, Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> escreveu:

Gary,

Perfect timing!  This is next on my To Do list after rebuilding the Main Furler.  Thank you!
--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

karkauai

I just had two teeth on the gear attached to the horizontal winch-handle shaft break off.   No warning as it has always worked smoothly and easily.  It feels too light-weight to be stainless. Is it aluminum???

Also, the last time I serviced it was probably 5 years ago, and I found it greased when I opened it, so I regreased it.  This time the grease has some water in it, with a little milky color, but all works smoothly and easily.  My question is whether it should have been greased.  I have read that the holes in the bottom are to let water out, and that it should be flushed regularly with fresh water. That sounds like a no-grease sçenario....maybe sailcote or other dry lubricant? I was unable to open Gary's file about servicing it.

What about the main Furler manual gearbox?  It still works and I've never serviced it, but I'm way overdue to do that and now am concerned about the foil shearing after 20 years.  Again, should it be greased, or not?

Will be in Martinique in about 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Kent and Iris
Kristy
SN243

Albon at Amel in Martinique can probably have the gear or shaft/gear for you when you arrive. You can email him at amel.caraibes"at"wanadoo.fr

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 2:27 PM karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Stefan and Anne Deerberg

Hi together!

Please note:
In Martinique all shops Bars , the yard an also the Amel Store is closed regarding the Covid 19 hype.
We heard about that this evening from Per-Erik SM 373 Voyageur, Le Marin

Good luck

Stefan

Stefan Deerberg

Geschäftsführer
Deerberg GmbH
Unternehmer/ Entrepreneur

Velgen 35
29582 Hanstedt
Germany

Mobil: +49 172 7757444
stefan.deerberg@...
www.deerberg.de

marty hameline

Appreciate the update Stefan.
I’ve postponed my flight this Saturday and we are now booked out of Montreal on April 4th. $170 One Way.
Fingers crossed for getting supplies for the trek nord
Regards,

Martin Hameline
SV VoileOVent
Maramu #129

On Mar 16, 2020, at 8:23 PM, Stefan Deerberg <stefan.deerberg@...> wrote:

Hi together!

Please note:
In Martinique all shops Bars , the yard an also the Amel Store is closed regarding the Covid 19 hype.
We heard about that this evening from Per-Erik SM 373 Voyageur, Le Marin

Good luck

Stefan

Stefan Deerberg

Geschäftsführer
Deerberg GmbH
Unternehmer/ Entrepreneur

Velgen 35
29582 Hanstedt
Germany

Mobil: +49 172 7757444
stefan.deerberg@...
www.deerberg.de

Courtney Gorman

True we had our last meal ashore last night heading north now not sure where we’ll end up