Topics

Mast hight A54

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,

I need to fit a new wind transducer ontop of my mast.

For the cable length I will need the length of the mast from deck to masttop not incl. Antennas.

Does anybody know it?

Oliver
A54#39
Vela Nautica
Portugal

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

Oliver,

The transducer is a B&G 213MHU and is available from https://www.aandtinstruments.com/
The transducer is repairable and parts are available

The transducer is connected to the B&G 213 Mount which comes with either 20 or 25 meter cable. You will need the 25 meter wire with the 213MHU.

Email "Sarah Covey" <sarah@...>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 5:25 AM Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica <oliver.henrichsen@...> wrote:
Hello,

I need to fit a new wind transducer ontop of my mast.

For the cable length I will need the length of the mast from deck to masttop not incl. Antennas.

Does anybody know it?

Oliver
A54#39
Vela Nautica
Portugal

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

Beaute Olivier

Hi Oliver,

the AMEL 54 main mast length is 18.50 m.

Olivier

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 03:27:05 PM GMT+2, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, but in my experience the 20 meter standard cable length is not quite long enough to get to the B&G junction box, and there is very little difference in the 213 Masthead Mount with 20m of cable versus 25m. Each length is standard. Occasionally it is the mount and cable that needs replacing because the mount cracks and allows water to migrate inside. Most of the time it is a replaceable component in the 213MHU.
image.png