Topics

Water maker end cap leak

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Greetings All,
I developed a leak on the low pressure product water side of the watermaker membrane. It appears to be coming from the gray attachment piece fit directly into the end cap. I tried to tighten assuming it is threaded in. I can't see it as it would require dropping the membrane out of its holder. I am not on the boat now but would like to bring the part back with me. Does anyone know if it does thread in and is it a replacement part?  PA this is not on the bobbin side. Thanks for your time.
Chuck
Joy #388
Trinidad

Chuck,

I was told that these low pressure fittings are available at Home Depot. Unfortunately, I do not have further information.

Bill

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 5:53 PM Chuck_Kim_Joy <clacey9@...> wrote:
Greetings All,
I developed a leak on the low pressure product water side of the watermaker membrane. It appears to be coming from the gray attachment piece fit directly into the end cap. I tried to tighten assuming it is threaded in. I can't see it as it would require dropping the membrane out of its holder. I am not on the boat now but would like to bring the part back with me. Does anyone know if it does thread in and is it a replacement part?  PA this is not on the bobbin side. Thanks for your time.
Chuck
Joy #388
Trinidad

Mark Erdos

Chuck,

I recently purchased some of those from:

Mark Fruehauf
BALCEN             .
120 Exchange St. STE 300
Portland, ME 04101
207 522 6737  Tel
info@...
www.balcen.com

They ship worldwide.

Item# 007-001

Desc: SERTO – SO 21121

$8.64 ea.

watermaker thing.jpg

These do thread into the end-caps and have very delicate threads. Do not over-tighten. You need to remove the water-maker tubes from the holder for replacement.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

I developed a leak on the low pressure product water side of the watermaker membrane. It appears to be coming from the gray attachment piece fit directly into the end cap. I tried to tighten assuming it is threaded in. I can't see it as it would require dropping the membrane out of its holder. I am not on the boat now but would like to bring the part back with me. Does anyone know if it does thread in and is it a replacement part?  PA this is not on the bobbin side. Thanks for your time.
Chuck
Joy #388
Trinidad

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Thanks Mark. That's exactly what I needed. Mark F is good and has helped me in the past. I'll give him a call. Hope you are enjoying your time in the western carribean. We follow your web page with great interest.