Topics

Fresh water pump connector

Alexander Ramseyer

Dear Amelians,
On the pic you see a beige plastic part that connects to the grey tube. It's dripping water. I'm trying to disassemble, turning, pulling, pushing...no success  It stays where it is and the grey tube doesn't come out.. I don't want to apply to much power as I don't know that plumbing connector. Could you help and provide some advice?
Thank you,
Alex
NO STRESS
AMEL54#15
Mystic, CT

Alex,

I believe something has changed since this left the Amel yard. The white plastic piece has been added. Refer to page 58 of your 54 Users Manual.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, 10:03 AM Alexander Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...> wrote:
Dear Amelians,
On the pic you see a beige plastic part that connects to the grey tube. It's dripping water. I'm trying to disassemble, turning, pulling, pushing...no success  It stays where it is and the grey tube doesn't come out.. I don't want to apply to much power as I don't know that plumbing connector. Could you help and provide some advice?
Thank you,
Alex
NO STRESS
AMEL54#15
Mystic, CT

Alexander Ramseyer

Hi Bill,
Is AMEL using NPT or British Standard Pipe threads?
Anything I would be able to find here in the U.S.?
Thanks, Alex

Alex,

Amel used PEX Plumbing on 54s. PEX is used in Europe and the US. I am not sure if the sizes are the same, but I think so. You can buy PEX in the US anywhere plumbing is sold. That white this was added by someone. Maybe the gray PEX tube was glued or epoxied inside. Let me know what you find.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St