Topics

mizzen traveller

Paul Osterberg

Hello!
I'm planning to arrange so that I can control the Mizzen traveller from the cockpit. does anyone now who have made the track? I need to add end "stop" with sheaves. all advice highly appreciated. such as a source for end "stop"

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259 Lagos Portugal

Mark McGovern

Paul,

Bill Kinney did a blog post about how he did it on SM Harmonie:  https://fetchinketch.net/boat-projects/mizzen-traveler/

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Jose Venegas

Nicely done Bill.
I wander if anyone has upgraded the traveler car. It seems to me that it is not possible to remove the old car and ad the new one without separating the track from the deck or cutting a piece of the track.

Jose
Ipanema SM2K #278
Still in Boston but
Preparing to head to Martinique on November 1.

ngtnewington Newington

I have found that one can control the mizzen boom by centring it on the track and using a bang/preventer tackle to the  chain plate either side of the coach roof. So upon tacking or gybing one simply swaps the tackle from one side to the other.
Nick
Amelia AML 54-019
Kefalonia

On 16 Oct 2019, at 18:18, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Hello!
I'm planning to arrange so that I can control the Mizzen traveller from the cockpit. does anyone now who have made the track? I need to add end "stop" with sheaves. all advice highly appreciated. such as a source for end "stop"

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259 Lagos Portugal

Paul Osterberg

I have looked at the set up Harmonie did, and might make similar, but I can,t see what make the track is for ordering control block.
Currently I use a preventer to control the shape and position of the sail, but improvement is needed
Paul

Mark McGovern

Paul,

The track is Lewmar Size 1.  It would appear that Bill used:

1 x Size 1 End Stop With Single CL Sheave (Lewmar Part # 29471031BK): https://www.lewmar.com/node/13230?v=26088

1 x Size 1 End Stop With Double CL Sheaves (Lewmar Part # 29471032BK):  https://www.lewmar.com/node/13230?v=26089

I am sure Bill will eventually see this post and confirm or correct or you can contact him via email directly at GreatKetch "at" yahoo.com.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Paul Osterberg