Topics

Balloner use

JOSE PRIETO

Good morning everyone, I would like to introduce myself to the group.
My name is Prieto, almost retired airline pilot :), working and living in Spain - Alicante.
Last month I bought an Amel Supermaramu 2001 232 series, but unfortunately the former owner simply delegated handing over the boat keys to a person who knew nothing about it. I'm learning by banging my head on the walls. I have learned reading the manuals, watching YouTube channels and especially reading what is written in this forum. I have plans to take Bill's course in the US next year if I get some slack on my roster.
I will start my participation in the group with a silly question, for those who master the boat well.
How to use balooner? The manual is very succinct and only mentions the use of the two nylon pieces.

Gerald Bassin

Hola Jose
You may contact me or call me (+4179215113) Hablo español!
Gerald Bassin
SM #113 Jetlag

On 24/10/2019 10:56, JOSE PRIETO wrote:
Good morning everyone, I would like to introduce myself to the group.
My name is Prieto, almost retired airline pilot :), working and living
in Spain - Alicante.
Last month I bought an Amel Supermaramu 2001 232 series, but
unfortunately the former owner simply delegated handing over the boat
keys to a person who knew nothing about it. I'm learning by banging my
head on the walls. I have learned reading the manuals, watching
YouTube channels and especially reading what is written in this forum.
I have plans to take Bill's course in the US next year if I get some
slack on my roster.
I will start my participation in the group with a silly question, for
those who master the boat well.
How to use balooner? The manual is very succinct and only mentions the
use of the two nylon pieces.
Links:
------
[1] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/message/48768
[2] https://groups.io/mt/36979406/1768002
[3] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/post
[4] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/editsub/1768002
[5] https://AmelYachtOwners.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Tim Melbourne

Le puedo llamar tambien?
-Tim Melbourne
SM2K #306
Seattle WA

Gerald Bassin

Por supuesto

Gerald Bassin
Jetlag SM113

Mark McGovern

Jose,

Welcome to the group.

Check out this manual (from the files section of this forum):  https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/files/Amel%20Super%20Maramu%20Manuals%20English/Amel%20Super%20Maramu%202000%20User%27s%20Guide.pdf

Starting on page 1-28 there is a very detailed description on how to set the poles, set up the lines, raise, and lower the ballooner.  Here's a link to a video on taking it down:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNF1ggKGRw

Last, consider putting a "signature" in your posts that lists your name, your boat's name, type, and hull #,and your location.  It helps members to know which boat you have when answering questions.

Mark

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara