Topics

Latest RigRite.com Goiot Tradition Prices 2019!

Andrew Eaves

Yes we know M stands for Marine in the industry when buying parts.

So thanks to this site, I found what hatches are on my Euros 41 and asked RigRite for a quote for 2 skus. One they don't have but this one just impressed me. I shouldn't be too shocked but come on!

Also love the section - 'Lead time on Goi PT-HP8 @ 12 weeks'

So serious question, in my business I can produce parts such as this in titanium. I could make the pins, plastic handle, the screw above for less than these daft prices. Thoughts anyone?
Also with plastic printing being relatively cheap now, how many people need these parts or similar but hold off owing to the costs? Could organise a group purchase.

Regards

Andrew

Charles Bell

Hello Andrew,

I agree!

The part is called an Axel bolt and I already have a batch of 100, along with other parts CNC cut in Aluminum and Anodized.

They should be back to me in a few weeks... I will be happy to hook you (and anyone else who wants some) up. I think they are costing me a couple of dollars each.

I also had the shop make the knobs (male and female)

Feel free to reach out to me if you would like a few of them. If the response is strong, I can increase the order size.

Charles
SV Jupiter

Andrew Eaves

Hi Charles

Fantastic work and yes please. I don't need much as a repair but if you have sets that aren't costing much I may replace them all to match. My email address is andyeaves@... to note if you can send me a list of what you have, it would be appreciated.

Do you know of a reasonable place to get the gaskets short of the same marine shops?

Thanks

Charles Bell

Hello Andrew,

Great to hear from you! I am going to re-post an update I sent to Bob earlier today. Maybe we should make a group for this.

I am having a machine shop use CNC to make a large, low cost per item batch of:

Axel bolts
Plastic Pins
Plastic knobs - Female M8
Plastic Knobs - Male M8

Here is what has happened so far:

I measured the parts and made drawings
Requested bids from several shops
Selected a shop to work with
Today I am going down to the part and removing "sample parts" from my boat,
Monday I will mail the samples to the machine shop.
The machine shop will confirm measures and comment
A round of samples will be made and shipped to me
I will test fit the parts on the boat

At this point I would be happy to post pictures/video of the parts. I would also be happy to share them around to get more feedback.

After we adjust or OK the parts they will make 100-200 of each part. Of course, we can increase the batch size if there is more interest.

The manufactured cost should be a few dollars each. I think we will land in the $3-7 dollar/each range.

My initial order was marine-grade aluminum with anodization (which is how my original parts *seem* to have been made. I am open to the idea of other material suggestions.

This is *not* a money-making endeavor. Just cost-sharing... and saving us all some money.

Anyone who would like to connect and help/influence/get some of these parts is welcome to post on this thread or private message me. I will share my phone number privately...

For the gaskets, I am shopping online and would appreciate being pointed to anyone else's sources & wisdom!!

Thank you,

Charles (& Hae)
SV Jupiter
@CruisingJupiter - Facebook
Mango Hull #29

Andrew Eaves

Hi Charles

Appreciate your passion sir! Yes send what you have. This is niche stuff so if you order 100-200 I don't know how long you'd be sat on them. Plan B what about plastic printing if there are only a few of us in the market?

Anyway happy to tag along and be a customer. I would just like to get the products matching and complete and not the mess I have at the moment.

Gaskets are another job....

Regards

Andrew