Topics

Windshield and Port Window Update

mr_hermanns

Hi All!

I just took part 1 of all her glass to get copied on a CNC at a local industrial plastic supply shop. Also dismantled one portlight apart and getting new lenses (polycarbonate) made and set of spares (3 new, 3 spares). Then attacking the hatches and salon windows tomorrow...

If anyone needs a new windshield / port or hatch glass and wants me to get additional pieces cut lmk - getting it done in Gardena, CA for wholesale prices.

Here is the windshield removed and galley porthole.

-Jer

--
Jeremy Hermanns - "Jer"
SVCerulean.com

You will see part of the original white (about 1.25 inch  or 32mm wide) painted perimeter on the old plexiglass. This is important to paint on the new plexiglass if you want a neat and good looking installation.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 2:31 PM mr_hermanns <jeremy@...> wrote:
Hi All!

I just took part 1 of all her glass to get copied on a CNC at a local industrial plastic supply shop. Also dismantled one portlight apart and getting new lenses (polycarbonate) made and set of spares (3 new, 3 spares). Then attacking the hatches and salon windows tomorrow...

If anyone needs a new windshield / port or hatch glass and wants me to get additional pieces cut lmk - getting it done in Gardena, CA for wholesale prices.

Here is the windshield removed and galley porthole.

-Jer

--
Jeremy Hermanns - "Jer"
SVCerulean.com
Maramu #105
Marina Del Rey, CA

Craig & Katherine Briggs

Actually that's not paint.  Joel Potter posted years ago that it is gel coat in the same color as the dodger. Likely the Captain had a better idea than paint!
Cheers, Craig

Charles Bell

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for sharing your source of parts! Thank you for organizing this.

We are currently refitting of Mango #29. Our dodger is removed and our glass is out, so the timing is perfect and we will join your order.

Are you redoing the deck hatches as well?

Thank you,

Charles
SV Jupiter
Mango #29
@CruisingJupiter - Facebook

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi Jer,

I have had an unfortunate mishap resulting in my starboard wind shield being neatly broken in two. So I am interested in getting a replacement, which Amel do not have. One possible complication is that the shields are slightly tinted, so would you know if your supplier would be able to do that? And if so, I would have no idea of how to gauge how much they are tinted. I guess if the price is not too much I could just replace both. Also, they seem to have a very slight curve, which may or may not be a factor. I guess I could check how much by removing it.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

I just took part 1 of all her glass to get copied on a CNC at a local industrial plastic supply shop. Also dismantled one portlight apart and getting new lenses (polycarbonate) made and set of spares (3 new, 3 spares). Then attacking the hatches and salon windows tomorrow...

If anyone needs a new windshield / port or hatch glass and wants me to get additional pieces cut lmk - getting it done in Gardena, CA for wholesale prices.

Here is the windshield removed and galley porthole.

-Jer

--
Jeremy Hermanns - "Jer"
SVCerulean.com
Maramu #105
Marina Del Rey, CA

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

mr_hermanns

Hi everyone, my model is original Maramu Hull #105 - not sure it will fit a Sharki.

Yes - they can tint the acrylic (windshield) if needed and the polycarbonate (hatches and portholes).

lmk and I can request another quote for quantities.

-Jer
--
Jeremy Hermanns - "Jer"
SVCerulean.com

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Jer,

Mine is the starboard wind shield for Amel 54 – do they have the template for this? Maybe you could put me directly in touch with the suppliers?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98