Topics

Auto pilot gear bolt

Bob Ross

Good day,

On a 2002 SM2K in the autopilot area above the galley sink I think this smaller gear should have a  key retaining bolt or similar in the middle of the shaft.
Having never seen it I am not sure what it looks like nor its dimensions.
Can anyone share a picture of it or any size data?

User question: is this a correct way to share a photo or is there another  preferred way?
Thanks
Bob
SV Nomad #362, Trinidad

Bob,

The following was snipped from the Raymarine Installation PDF:
image.png

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 8:13 AM Bob Ross via Groups.Io <tuwhiti=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day,

On a 2002 SM2K in the autopilot area above the galley sink I think this smaller gear should have a  key retaining bolt or similar in the middle of the shaft.
Having never seen it I am not sure what it looks like nor its dimensions.
Can anyone share a picture of it or any size data?

User question: is this a correct way to share a photo or is there another  preferred way?
Thanks
Bob
SV Nomad #362, Trinidad

John Clark

Hi Bob,
   The retaining bolt is on the side of the gear.  It's an Allen head or hex head.

John

Annie SM 37
Brunswick. GA

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 9:13 AM Bob Ross via Groups.Io <tuwhiti=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day,

On a 2002 SM2K in the autopilot area above the galley sink I think this smaller gear should have a  key retaining bolt or similar in the middle of the shaft.
Having never seen it I am not sure what it looks like nor its dimensions.
Can anyone share a picture of it or any size data?

User question: is this a correct way to share a photo or is there another  preferred way?
Thanks
Bob
SV Nomad #362, Trinidad

Mike Ondra

Here’s what it looks like on SM#240. Washer and Allen headed bolt. Mike
image1.jpeg

On Nov 16, 2019, at 12:36 PM, John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
   The retaining bolt is on the side of the gear.  It's an Allen head or hex head.

John

Annie SM 37
Brunswick. GA

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 9:13 AM Bob Ross via Groups.Io <tuwhiti=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day,

On a 2002 SM2K in the autopilot area above the galley sink I think this smaller gear should have a  key retaining bolt or similar in the middle of the shaft.
Having never seen it I am not sure what it looks like nor its dimensions.
Can anyone share a picture of it or any size data?

User question: is this a correct way to share a photo or is there another  preferred way?
Thanks
Bob
SV Nomad #362, Trinidad

<auto pilot gear.jpg>