Topics

Bimini Twist Lock Fastener

Paul Stascavage

Good day to all.

Has anyone located a source for the Twist Lock Fasteners that are mounted on the hard dodger for locking down the bimini side curtains and the tonneau cover?

I can only find ones whose center hole to center hole measurement for the mounting screws, is either larger or smaller than the 20mm ones that we have on our boat.

Please see the photos below.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring Brunswick, GA

www.RitaKathryn.com

Gerhard Mueller

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

If you are in the US www.sailrite.com

If delivery to the rest of the world freight and VAT will be added.

Regards
Ann-Sofie S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

23 nov. 2019 kl. 09:39 skrev Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...>:

Paul Stascavage

Thank you Gerhard.  From the description I am not sure if the overall length is 22mm or if the hole to hole dimension is 22mm.

Have you purchased this item or can you verify that the hole to hole dimension is 20mm?

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring Brunswick, GA

www.RitaKathryn.com

Craig Briggs

Hey Paul - Can't help you with the fasteners, but if you're exploring Brunswick, GA this is an absolute must visit." A short walk from the marina. Cheers, Craig

Paul Stascavage

Thank you for your reply Ann-Sofie,

The ones I saw at sailrite were all either 22mm hole to hole or just under 16mm.

I'll take another look.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 03:39 PM, Paul Stascavage wrote:
Thank you Gerhard.  From the description I am not sure if the overall length is 22mm or if the hole to hole dimension is 22mm.

Have you purchased this item or can you verify that the hole to hole dimension is 20mm?

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring Brunswick, GA

www.RitaKathryn.com
Actually I am not on the boat for measuring.

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Paul Stascavage

Thanks Craig.  Much to Anna Marie's dismay, we have checked out Willie's, it was fun.

I'm still at a loss for finding these fasteners.  Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring Brunswick, GA

www.RitaKathryn.com

Will Stout <tango708@...>

Hi Paul,
I am fairly certain that you will find the twist lock at Grenadine Sails and Canvass in Bequia.  Avell and Debora have a web site through which you can contact them.  They do excellent work... definitely make the best and least expensive dinghy chap I found in the Caribbean.

Will Stout
SM 180, For Sale in The Chesapeake
/)/) Anni Bea True
Amel Super Maramu
+206.841.9556

rossirossix4

Related--does anyone know a source for the white plastic fasteners that were used on the dodgers of many SMs and SNs?  They featured a tap that slid in to lock to the pin.  One of the advantages of these is that they held the canvas flat and very close to the fixed dodger sides.  Not at the boat so I don't have a pic.
Bob KAIMI SM 429