Martinique- Good store for 12v batteries?

Duane Siegfri

Our 12v wet cell batteries need to be replaced, any suggestions on a store in Martinique?

We have found Hankook brand, anyone have experience with them?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Caraibes Marine.
Ask for Julien
julien@...

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 11:46 AM Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io <carlylelk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Our 12v wet cell batteries need to be replaced, any suggestions on a store in Martinique?

We have found Hankook brand, anyone have experience with them?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Mark McGovern

There were no good options for purchasing batteries in Le Marin, Martinique when I purchased my boat back in June 2017.  Things may have changed since then and others might have some more current advice for you but I paid roughly double the price for no-name starter battery in Martinique than I would have paid for a name brand starter battery in the USA.  Let us know what you find!

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Courtney Gorman

Hi Duane
I just bought 12 EMGs from Caribe Marine I know they also had wet cells much cheaper
Great service fair price
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
Saint Anne

On Dec 4, 2019, at 1:46 PM, Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io <carlylelk@...> wrote:

Our 12v wet cell batteries need to be replaced, any suggestions on a store in Martinique?

We have found Hankook brand, anyone have experience with them?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Symphony

I delivered a catamaran from Le Marin Caraibes Marine to Ft Lauderdale in 2016.

the boat was OK but needed lots of details, stove, fuel jugs, a battery, hoses, light bulbs, oil and fuel filters. etc.
I loaded up with the fantastic food available in Martinique - French imports at low prices.
I repaired, jury-rigged, secured the boat as much as I could at the marina, then sailed to St Martin where I purchased everything needed easily, and far cheaper.  It was possibly risky but the weather and conditions were all in my favor.

I love Martinique.  Le Marin is a fantastique place to see lots of Amels

Richard
Vicem 58 "Songbird"
Branford, CT

I spoke to Caraibe Marine. They have wet cell, AGM, Gel, and Lithium

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

On Dec 4, 2019, at 1:46 PM, Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io <carlylelk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Our 12v wet cell batteries need to be replaced, any suggestions on a store in Martinique?

We have found Hankook brand, anyone have experience with them?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Duane Siegfri

Bill,

Thanks for the info.  I was there this afternoon.  We have a charger that is wet cell only, and Caraibe has only two wet cell types available in quantities of 12.  They have a Trojan 31XHS at 130AH (20hour test) for 360 Euros, and the Banner 100 AH at 225 Euros.  The Banner inspires no confidenceand  based on name recognition, they could not give me a model number, only the 100 AH.  I'm not even sure if that's the 20 hour test or the 100 hour test.

The Trojan is available in the US at half the price, but that doesn't really matter, just a reality reference. Maybe they're even cheaper on the moon.

I think we're going to get 8 of the Trojans, they equal 12 of the Banners in AH's at only a small premium, and they have a quality reputation that will make me sleep well at night.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477