“Default” anchor arrangement on an Amel 54

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

We have instalt in the summer the Spade 200 in Aluminium with
26 kg he works for boats by 30 Tonns and 25 m for the second Anker we by a Spade 140
In Aluminium for boats 20 Tonns and 20 m

For the summer and otom time it works perfect

Best
Elja Röllinghoff
SM Balu 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Arno Luijten

Hi S&T,

Somewhat related to this topic. We have just thrown out the WASI anchor because of the poor fit on the bowroller. It has been replaced by a (second hand) Spade 35kg. Next to the original Delta secondary anchor this fits beautifully. The Spade fits perfect on the bowroller, no additional rollers needed and it is self launching. I also replaced the swivels with the Mantus swivels, very well designed as opposed to the WASI swivel that has the most stupid grub-screws (to lock the main bolts) you can imagine. Removal by hacksaw...
Just had the first anchor experience with the Spade. Immediate holding and 20+ windgusts had no effect. Too early to tell of course but first impressions are excellent.

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

(I’m not sure why the picture is upside down, seems a forum software glitch)

Dan Carlson

Hello Soraya,

Just for reference; on BeBe (SM#387), we have the 30kg SS Wasi Bugel that we use as the primary. We have a 30Kg alloy Delta type spade anchor as backup in the bow locker (looks like the anchor Nick shows on the starboard roller in his photo) and then we have a 15Kg Delta type, spade anchor in the stern locker.  We have used this smaller anchor off of the stern several times with very good holding for our purposes and it is reasonable to handle and deploy/retrieve off of the stern of the boat and out of the dinghy.

I think that you need to decide your purpose for it. We like the versatility of the smaller and manageable size. But it's not sufficient as a heavy anchor for a high wind situation.

Fortress is even better for providing strength and holding per weight and stowage size.

I hope you guys are enjoying the French Polynesia.

Best regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387, at Shelter Bay Marina

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 9:53 PM Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@... wrote:
Hello,

Some of you have mentioned fortress, what size do you have/recommend as stern anchor for an A54?
Manufacturer table shows fx-55 based on LOA, but presumably not as secondary anchor.
Thanks for your feedback.

@Nick, could you pls share a picture of the second roller on starboard?

Regards
Soraya