Topics

Manuals and instructions of the Amel Sharki 1982 Nr 53.

Walter van Grieken

We are the family van Grieken from the Netherlands, new member of the AmelYachtOwners group.
In the beginning of december we bought an Amel Sharki 1982 Nr 53.

Now we are looking for a complete manual of the original equipment such as the automatic pilot, an electric scheme and the B & G Hercules System 190.
Also a manual of the engine, a Perkins 4.108

Can anybody help us to get a copy of the instructions?
Of course we will give a financial compensation for this.

Kind regards,

Walter and Janine van Grieken

Courtney Gorman

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat if someone has the documents you need I’m sure you’ll get them this is a great place for Amel boat owners
Cheers
Courtney Gorman
svTrippin
54 #101
Tobago Cays

On Dec 10, 2019, at 3:46 PM, Walter van Grieken <Vangriekenbladel@...> wrote:

We are the family van Grieken from the Netherlands, new member of the AmelYachtOwners group.
In the beginning of december we bought an Amel Sharki 1982 Nr 53.

Now we are looking for a complete manual of the original equipment such as the automatic pilot, an electric scheme and the B & G Hercules System 190.
Also a manual of the engine, a Perkins 4.108

Can anybody help us to get a copy of the instructions?
Of course we will give a financial compensation for this.

Kind regards,

Walter and Janine van Grieken

Ralf Schroeder

Hi Janine and Walter,
welcome here in this great group and good time with your wonderful ship :-).
I'm the proud owner of the 1981 Sharki Baghira (Nr: 42).

I attach two manuals for the Perkins 4108. In GB are some good addresses for spare parts. When you need the addresses, I will be sending you the contact.

But I'm searching for a manual for the original autopilot with panel etc. myself.
So, when somebody can help us, I'm very happy, too.

Good way and careful wind
Ralf

Gerhard Mueller

Welcome Walter

I bought 3 years ago a Sharki also. My build number #60 is also from 1982.
Most instructions I got from the internet and was found with Google.
These old boats are differently equipped. It depends what the previous ownsers have done or not done.
If you have still the original autopilot Neco 692 I can give you the manual for download.
I have also the Perkins manual and the B&G manual. Meanwhile you can download the electric scheme from here:
https://topperdiek.de/dl/Amel/Electric/SharkiElectric.zip
Tell me if you want the other manual also and what else you need.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Gerhard Mueller

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 04:29 PM, Ralf Schroeder wrote:
But I'm searching for a manual for the original autopilot with panel etc. myself.
So, when somebody can help us, I'm very happy, too.
Here are some links for the Neco:
https://topperdiek.de/dl/Amel/NECO_692_quick_start.pdf
https://topperdiek.de/dl/Amel/NECO-komplet-Manual.pdf
https://topperdiek.de/dl/Amel/Neco-Marine-Autopilot.pdf
--

Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Ralf Schroeder

Moin Gerhard,

many thanks :-)

Best
Ralf

Walter van Grieken

thanks to everyone
for all info
am still looking for the original book of the amel sharki
and I would like to know where the autopilot compass is
good day
greeting walter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 12 dec. 2019 om 17:02 heeft Ralf Schroeder <ralf.schroeder@...> het volgende geschreven:

Moin Gerhard,

many thanks :-)

Best
Ralf

Gerhard Mueller

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 07:16 PM, Walter van Grieken wrote:
am still looking for the original book of the amel sharki and I would like to know where the autopilot compass is
I am afraid there is no book of the Amel Sharki. There is only a flyer still available.
 You find the autopilot compass behind the portside backrest cushion in the saloon.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Aras <aras.grinius@...>

As a Sharki owner (163) I spoke to Bill Rouse about adding sections in for Maramu’s and Sharki’s. He thought it might be a good idea.
If you perform repairs you need to document the steps you take and take pictures of those steps. I have done some, but they need editing. This is where Bill is great. His Amel book has been extremely helpful in sorting out stuff on Amel.

Hopefully I’ll get some time to organize my pics and get Bill to help publish them.

Aras
Sharki # 163 1988

Ready to accept any and all😀

Best,