Topics

refrigeration compressor

JEFFREY KRAUS

Good Morning Amelians,
I'm having issues with my refrigeration on my Amel 54.
There are 2 freezers and the reefer aboard Spirit. The circulator pump which supplies water to all units is activated by the command of the pump interface. Each unit (freezer1,2 or the reefer) can switch on the circulator pump, which must be operating for any unit to function. The pump interface is activated by the Danfoss controller.
My problem is that it appears that only the freezer 2 switch is working to activate the pump. Turning on either freezer 1 or the reefer will not activate the pump interface and turn on the circulator pump. If I turn on freezer 2, then freezer 1 and the reefer, everything works. However, the indicator lights on the pump interface are off for freezer 1 and the reefer. I need to run freezer 2 for the reefer and freezer 1 to work. Obviously neither freezer 1 or the reefer switch on the pump interface.
Apparently the Danfoss controller is located near the refrigeration compressor. Unfortunately, I don't see the compressor anywhere, and I don't want to start removing things to search for it.
Does anyone with an Amel 54 know the location of the compressor, and if so, is the assumption that the Danfoss controller is nearby correct?
Best Regards to all.
Jeff Spirit Amel 54 #14 Puerto Real, PR

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Jeff,

If you are referring to the freezer under the saloon dining table seat the compressor is in the compartment next to it under the corner seat.

For the chest freezer under the galley worktop the compressor is below it.

Nick

Amelia AML 54-019
Greece

On 11 Dec 2019, at 13:21, JEFFREY KRAUS <jmkraus@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Hi Jeff,

On our boat the compressor is mounted underneath the refrigerator, underneath the chest refrigerator/freezer, and to the port side of the refrigerator/freezer under the salon seat.  The Danfoss compressor controller is attached to the side of each compressor.

To gain access to the refrigerator compressor remove the “thumbscrew” on the inside of the under sink cabinet, it is toward the top.  I believe the unit will slide forward into the small under floor storage area between the refrigerator and chest.  I do not remember if there are any attachment points at the bottom of the refrigerator.  To access the chest compressor remove the trim panel at the floor at the base of the chest and you will be able to reach in to access the compressor.  To get to the under seat unit remove the salon seat cushion at the port side of the boat then remove the wood cover on the aft port side.

You may be able to check voltage at the pump interface in the engine compartment to determine if you have a relay problem or Danfoss controller problem.  Refer to the attached schematic from Coastal Climate Control for the interconnection of the relays.  Good luck.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

JEFFREY KRAUS

Thanks Mark, your information was helpful.

Best Regards,

Jeff