Kaplan,Andre

Thanks for those insights
Andre

On Jan 4, 2020, at 4:31 AM, Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***
On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:42 PM, Kaplan,Andre wrote:
As a Mango owner, I’m interested to know how you engage the alternator? Do you put the gearshift into forward or reverse while sailing? I understand there may be a difference depending on Model and year of the boat
How much power do you generate when sailing?
Who did the rebuild for you?
Thanks for any insights you can share
Andre Kaplan
Renaissance 2000
Mango 71, 1988

 My Sharki from 1982 has a sticker near the gear shift level saying not to have the level in forward position and engine off while sailing.
Using the propshaft alternator the level must be in neutral position.
I have an instrument panel for the propshaft alternator with a switch key, an indicator lamp and an amp meter above the corridor to the aft cabine.
Depending the state of the battery the amp meter shows during sailing with about 6 knots 8 to 10 amps.
The propshaft alternator is a 40 Amps 12V Bosch type.
Rebuilding such an alternator does any good car repair shop for electric equippment.
The regulator is a cheap part you can buy at every car shop.

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Gerhard Mueller

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Gerhard Mueller

On Jan 3, 2020, at 4:59 PM, Arlo <svplanb@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***
Hello all. Thought I would pass this info along to my fellow Mango and Maramu owners. (Not sure about the sharki or others)...Had my propshaft alternator rebuilt and a new regulator installed. The alternator is a motorola 9MR-2-814-0 20 amp 12 volt unit. The voltage regulator is not the original but we were able to get a motorola M5-763 regulator to work. Pictures are below.
<1985 driveshaft alternator 02.jpg>
<1985 Mango driveshaft alternator 01.jpg>
<1985 mango driveshaft alternator 03.jpg>
<1985 mango driveshaft alternator 04.jpg>

Arlo