Topics

Replacement Corian for SM2K dishwasher lid

Drew Gaffney

Last season, the Aurora pattern Corian on the dishwasher lid broke.  I've found someone who can make a replacement.  I have the dimensions (43.7cm square) with screw holes centered 3.3cm from each corner.  Because the Corian in mounted in a lipped space, I need radius of the curve on the 4 corners.  If someone is on their SM2K, I'd very much appreciate the measurement.   Two lines perpendicular to the edge at the point where the curved corner begins on each side.  The distance from the edge to the point where the two lines intersect gives the "radius" of the curved corners and with that a new "cover" can be made.
Related, the removable cover for the port galley counter was broken several years ago.  We bought a matching "Corian" lid sold as a cutting board with a slot for a handle made a perfect replacement.
Thank you.
Drew Gaffney
SV Revelation SM390
Lying Carloforte, Sardinia

karkauai

Hi Drew,
Here are some pics of how I measured. It appears to be a 30mm radius when I use the calipers.

On Jan 7, 2020 10:16 PM, Drew Gaffney <drew.gaffney@...> wrote:

[...]

Symphony

Kent, thanks for the photos measuring the radius corner.
Now I know what to do with all my old navigation spreaders!

all kidding aside, thanks for sharing the photos and for all your posts

Richard
Vicem 58
New Haven, CT

Drew Gaffney

Kent,
Thank you so much!  This is perfect.  I really appreciate your help.  You must have made A's in geometry...
If anyone needs to replace this cover or the lid to the portside galley counter, let me know.  The Aurora Corian seems to be readily available.
Hope you have a good sail to the Caribbean.
Best wishes,
Drew
SV Revelation SM2K-390