Boat insurance Martinique

marty hameline

Hi Miles,
(et al Sailors de Martinique)

I land in Fort de France tomorrow at 15:30 and will be in Le Marin until the 22nd.  Hope we can connect as I appreciate local sailor knowledge.
My email is marafiki37@...
Cell is US 818-331-8999

Cheers,

Martin Hameline

Miles

Hello Martin,

If all goes well, you will soon be the owner of a wonderful blue water boat.

I understand that different people have very different experiences with insurance companies, but I have been well served by Pantaenius.  I looked at some others two years ago, and found many of the requirements to be ridiculous and all of the prices higher.

I use

PANTAENIUS America Ltd.

500 Mamaroneck Avenue | Harrison, NY 10528 | United States of America

Tel. +1 (914) 3812066 | Fax. +1 (914) 3812052 | http://www.pantaenius.com

My correspondence has been with Cathy Masiello.

Regards,

Miles  S/Y Ladybug, SM 216, Le Marin, Martinique

marty hameline

Thanks Peter

On Jan 16, 2020, at 11:05 AM, Peter Seary <peter.seary@...> wrote:

Try Nagico in Sint Maarten. They were superb when dealing with my total loss during hurricane Irma.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 9:25 AM Matt Salatino via Groups.Io, <helmsmatt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Try Gary Golden, Manifest Marine

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 16, 2020, at 8:59 AM, martin haméline <marafiki37@...> wrote:

Bonjour Amelians,

First off I must state that I am totally impressed with the Amel owner user group - Merci Beacoup.

We are in final negotiations to buy our Amel and hopefully will be the new owners soon.  We need to arrange boat insurance and contacted Topsail; who was Unable to cover us....

Appreciate any recommendations here for insurance companies in the Caribbean.  The boat will be in Martinique until late April/May  when she will be sailed to Delaware and the NE US for the summer.

Thanks and cheers,

Martin Hameline
SV/Marafiki
818-331-8999

Peter Seary

[...]

Paul Villinski

Hello Martin,

Congratulations!  Are you purchasing "Barth," the 1986 Maramu, in Martinique? I told the broker on Monday that I would travel to see the boat next week, but she said a contract was nearly signed, so I am guessing you have beat me to it! Like you, our hope was to bring the boat north, to the NYC area in our case. Best of luck to you! -- We will wait our turn for the right Amel to become available!

Paul Villinski
NYC

marty hameline

Thanks Courtney
Will hold off until deal is sealed ;)

On Jan 16, 2020, at 10:25 AM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Martin it makes a difference where your boat is registered
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101
PSV

On Jan 16, 2020, at 9:59 AM, martin haméline <marafiki37@...> wrote:

Bonjour Amelians,

First off I must state that I am totally impressed with the Amel owner user group - Merci Beacoup.

We are in final negotiations to buy our Amel and hopefully will be the new owners soon.  We need to arrange boat insurance and contacted Topsail; who was Unable to cover us....

Appreciate any recommendations here for insurance companies in the Caribbean.  The boat will be in Martinique until late April/May  when she will be sailed to Delaware and the NE US for the summer.

Thanks and cheers,

Martin Hameline
SV/Marafiki
818-331-8999

Courtney Gorman

[...]

Thanks Paul and Matt!

On Jan 16, 2020, at 9:25 AM, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Try Gary Golden, Manifest Marine

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 16, 2020, at 8:59 AM, martin haméline <marafiki37@...> wrote:

Bonjour Amelians,

First off I must state that I am totally impressed with the Amel owner user group - Merci Beacoup.

We are in final negotiations to buy our Amel and hopefully will be the new owners soon.  We need to arrange boat insurance and contacted Topsail; who was Unable to cover us....

Appreciate any recommendations here for insurance companies in the Caribbean.  The boat will be in Martinique until late April/May  when she will be sailed to Delaware and the NE US for the summer.

Thanks and cheers,

Martin Hameline
SV/Marafiki
818-331-8999