Topics

Limiting group members to Amel Owners

Jarek Zemlo

Hello to All,
before I decided to go for Amel I joined the Group. The Group an quality of Amel convinced me to purchase my fantastic NOA BLUE hull 201. Lets continue the way it was always done

cheers
--
Jarek Zemlo
NOA BLUE SM201

Nicolas Klene

Orion I couldn’t agree more with you !
i have been allowed on this site a good year before becoming a proud owner a few month back !
I had the opportunity to have an invaluable insight  that only re unforced my decision making.
excluding potential owners would be a mistake .
Nicolas Klene
DarNico
SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...>

100% agree with Martin. This site has to be left open to anyone interested in Amels, I had a big help on finding "the right one" I'll very probably purchase in march!
Thanks

Alan Leslie

I agree.
I joined the Yahoo group before I bought my Amel, and it was a major contributor to my decision to buy one.
I would not want prospective owners to be unable to access this resource, it was, and is, so valuable to me.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Orion Martin

Agreed. This site is an invaluable source of information concerning Amel yachts, and I consider myself a prospective Amel buyer who is yet to find “the one”. This site has reinforced to me the wisdom of purchasing an Amel yacht, there is really no other support group like this regarding other brands. It would be a mistake to limit membership to Amel owners only, not only because it possibly hinders their ability sell their Amel when it’s their time, but also it prevents lurkers such as myself from joining the community and becoming involved with the ins and outs of Amel ownership. The original issue was someone plugging their book on this site, which can be remedied easy enough. That poster asked the question if it was right or not to plug their book which was a fair question to ask. No harm done. I don’t understand how it has now manifested to possibly excluding non-owners from the group. To me that goes against the spirit of this community and what it’s about.

Mohammad Shirloo

Welcome to the group Doug. We looked at Aventura back in 2014 but the deal did not go through. We also saw her in Turkey where we purchased Kokomo. She was very clean and well cared for. Wishing you the best adventures that you will discover on an Amel like no other yacht. Hope to see you around.

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099