Topics

Saint Maarten

Alexandre Uster von Baar

At Island Water World, it is $650 per month.  
$1068 is 64% more than $650, not exactly (what I consider as) "slightly" more...  
but again was, probably is now again, a nice property.  

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:22:22 AM UTC, Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

The rate for 31 days was $1067.95.

On Jan 28, 2020, at 3:44 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

I was there in December and Carrefour has been beautiful rebuilt, even nicer than before.  

Interesting Port de Plaisance is now only slightly more than IWW...  definitely a nicer place.  What are the monthly rates?

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 09:31:14 PM UTC, Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

Unfortunately, the Carrefour is gone.  When we staying there in May the price was only slightly more expensive than IWW.

On 1/28/2020 4:05 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io wrote:

That would have been my preferred choice (being walking distance from Carrefour), but back then it was considerably more expensive than IWW (Island Water World).  

Nice they finish repairing the pool! 

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 09:02:09 PM UTC, Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

An alternative marina that is within very easy dinghy distance to Island Water World is Yacht Club Port de Plaisance on Cole Bay, Sint Maarten.  Very quiet, not expensive, and includes unlimited free access to a lap pool and a very nice gym.  We spent one month there in May/June 2019 and really enjoyed it.

Mark Pitt

Sabbatical III, SM#419, Rhode Island

On 1/28/2020 3:36 PM, eric freedman wrote:

Hi Courtney,

The island water world I am referring to is in the Dutch side of Simpson bay lagoon.

You have to enter through the bridge.

It is to your Port as you round snoopy island. The contact there is Rhona.

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 2:18 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Saint Maarten

Hi Alexandre

I found 3 Island Water Worlds in Saint Maarten can you tell me which bay the one you recommend is in?

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Not sure the attachment will show, here are a few pictures post Irma.  

You can see how destroyed what this marina.  

Reminder: Irma was a Category 5 and it was a direct hit.  

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 08:49:39 PM UTC, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Good to know. I’m surprised they had much damage. The place is down a long canal, and completely surrounded.....

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Mark Pitt

The rate for 31 days was $1067.95.

On Jan 28, 2020, at 3:44 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

I was there in December and Carrefour has been beautiful rebuilt, even nicer than before.  

Interesting Port de Plaisance is now only slightly more than IWW...  definitely a nicer place.  What are the monthly rates?

Unfortunately, the Carrefour is gone.  When we staying there in May the price was only slightly more expensive than IWW.

That would have been my preferred choice (being walking distance from Carrefour), but back then it was considerably more expensive than IWW (Island Water World).  

An alternative marina that is within very easy dinghy distance to Island Water World is Yacht Club Port de Plaisance on Cole Bay, Sint Maarten.  Very quiet, not expensive, and includes unlimited free access to a lap pool and a very nice gym.  We spent one month there in May/June 2019 and really enjoyed it.

Mark Pitt

Hi Courtney,

The island water world I am referring to is in the Dutch side of Simpson bay lagoon.

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io

Hi Alexandre

I found 3 Island Water Worlds in Saint Maarten can you tell me which bay the one you recommend is in?

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 08:49:39 PM UTC, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Good to know. I’m surprised they had much damage. The place is down a long canal, and completely surrounded.....

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Dave Robards

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io" <uster@...>
Date: 1/28/20 5:05 PM (GMT-04:00)

Nice they f8ih.r  7inish repairing the pool! 

An alternative marina that is within very  5th f8dinghy distance to Island Water World is Yacht Club Port de Plaisance on Cole Bay, Sint Maarten.  Very quiet, not expensive, and includes unlimited free access to a lap pool and a very nice gym.  We spent one month there in May/June 2019 and really enjoyed it.

Mark Pitt

Hi Courtney,

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Alexandre

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Mark Pitt

Hi Courtney,

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Alexandre

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Mark Pitt

Mark Pitt

Hi Courtney,

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Alexandre

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Courtney Gorman

Thanks so much Alexandre 
Here’s my email Itsfun1@... and phone 7656038743 
I arrive 27 March and Depart April 18 however am off Island From the 28-17 please if you are around I would like to buy 

On a beer and meet
Cheers 🍻 
Courtney 
Jan 28, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

Hello Courtney, 

Depending where you are docked at Island Water World.  

If it is on the “Outside” (by that I mean the slip facing the Lagoon or South-West) then no worries. 

If you are on the “inside” (where I was) so facing the building or fuel dock (oriented North-East), then when you enter the marina, do not motor closed to the dock as it is shallow, despite having dredge it for you when I went (2017), it is better you stay in the middle (or further from the dock).  

In 2017 (pre Hurricane Irma) they loan bicycles, could refill your propane tanks (note it is a mix of butane and propane), had weekly shuttle to Carrefour super market (wonderful)…  

I should be there toward mid or end of Feb through March, possibly longer… 

Hope we meet. I will likely rent cars, so will be glad to give you a tour of the island if you haven't done it yet.  

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 02:10:37 PM UTC, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <itsfun1@...> wrote:

Alexandre Rhona sends her best!

Sent: Mon, Jan 27, 2020 5:54 pm

The one in Cole Bay (or Simpson Bay Lagoon)

Here is Rhona email:
rhona@...

If you mention me, that I brought her "chocolate croissant" (then that I lost my boat), she will remember !  Just say you are a friend!

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Monday, January 27, 2020, 07:18:09 PM UTC, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Mark Pitt

Hi Courtney,

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Alexandre

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Mark Pitt

Mark Pitt

Hi Courtney,

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Alexandre

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Courtney, 

Depending where you are docked at Island Water World.  

If it is on the “Outside” (by that I mean the slip facing the Lagoon or South-West) then no worries. 

If you are on the “inside” (where I was) so facing the building or fuel dock (oriented North-East), then when you enter the marina, do not motor closed to the dock as it is shallow, despite having dredge it for you when I went (2017), it is better you stay in the middle (or further from the dock).  

In 2017 (pre Hurricane Irma) they loan bicycles, could refill your propane tanks (note it is a mix of butane and propane), had weekly shuttle to Carrefour super market (wonderful)…  

I should be there toward mid or end of Feb through March, possibly longer… 

Hope we meet. I will likely rent cars, so will be glad to give you a tour of the island if you haven't done it yet.  

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 02:10:37 PM UTC, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <itsfun1@...> wrote:

Here is Rhona email:
rhona@...

If you mention me, that I brought her "chocolate croissant" (then that I lost my boat), she will remember !  Just say you are a friend!

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Monday, January 27, 2020, 07:18:09 PM UTC, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

eric freedman

Hi Courtney,

Please mention my name.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Hi Alexandre

Thanks

Courtney

Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Thanks Courtney!!!

If you go, buy her a little "pain au chocolat" (chocolat bread), she will be very appreciative !

Alexandre

Here is Rhona email:
rhona@...

Sincerely, Alexandre

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Courtney Gorman

Here is Rhona email:
rhona@...

Sincerely, Alexandre

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Courtney Gorman

Thanks so much 😁👍🏻

On Jan 27, 2020, at 5:54 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

Here is Rhona email:
rhona@...

Sincerely, Alexandre

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Here is Rhona email:
rhona@...

Sincerely, Alexandre

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Ian Townsend

We stayed at IWW in the Lagoon in 2015. At that time, we were satisfied with facility and generally with the service. 

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II 
SM153
Bahamas

On Jan 27, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Courtney Gorman

Hi Alexandre
Thanks
Courtney
Trippin

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

Matt Salatino

Terrible!
We went in there for fuel. It seemed like a great hurricane hole! I guess the best protection from a CAT 4 or 5 hurricane is about 100 NM............

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 26, 2020, at 8:24 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

<P1130756.JPG>
<P1130763.JPG>
<P1130819.JPG>
<P1130888.JPG>

Alexandre Uster von Baar

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

_._,_._,_

eric freedman

Hi,
I am very happy leaving Kimberlite at Island Water World marina. It is
inexpensive compared to other marinas,
Currently there are 2 Amel's there.
Fair Winds
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io]
On Behalf Of Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 2:50 PM
To: Amel Yacht Owners
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Saint Maarten

Hi All I would love a recommendation on where to leave my boat for a month
in Saint Martin (Dockage)
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour

Arno Luijten

Hi Courtney,

We have been living in the marina of Fort Louis, Marigot for several months now. Last year we lived for 8 months here as well. Although the marina is a bit of a mess, as location it is the best. They did start renovations since a few months now but the speed is amazingly slow. If you are talking about unattended docking I don’t recommend Fort Louis. Island water world is to be preferred. Do make reservations!

We are currently St Maarten residents living aboard our Amel during the boating season. Alex Ramseyer with his Amel is in Island waterworld at least until February.

Anse Marcel is still a dump, nobody knows when they will start repairs there. Oyster Pond the same. Bobby’s Marina is a complicated story (don’t ask). IGY marina is  expensive, just like Port the Plaisance. Be aware the Heineken regatta is early March so berths are difficult/expensive to get.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121