Topics

ZF25M shifting problem

Brent Cameron

I don’t have an Amel yet but I had similar issues with my old Yanmar and it turned out to be the cable. You might want to disconnect it and try the shifter manually to rule it out.

Brent Cameron, Future Amel owner & Amel Owner's Registry Moderator

On Feb 15, 2020, 6:29 AM -0500, Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica <oliver.henrichsen@...>, wrote:
Hello,

Did you check your gear oil?

Any water in it?

Did you service the gear oil cooler?

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54 #39
Martinique

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020, 09:12 Arnold Mente via Groups.Io <Arnold.mente=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Amelians,

does anyone already have the problem that the shifting of the ZF25M gearbox is very difficult? It has occurred and the boat has not been used.
Would be grateful someone knows the problem so that I can initiate the necessary measures from a distance. The Morse switch is checked and maintained.

Thank you very much
Arnold

--
SY Zephyr SM203

--
Brent Cameron

Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Canada

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,

Did you check your gear oil?

Any water in it?

Did you service the gear oil cooler?

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54 #39
Martinique

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020, 09:12 Arnold Mente via Groups.Io <Arnold.mente=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Amelians,

does anyone already have the problem that the shifting of the ZF25M gearbox is very difficult? It has occurred and the boat has not been used.
Would be grateful someone knows the problem so that I can initiate the necessary measures from a distance. The Morse switch is checked and maintained.

Thank you very much
Arnold

--
SY Zephyr SM203