Topics

Sailing performance Mango vs Super Maramu

Slavko Despotovi

Hello,

I am on the market for Amel. Have seen Mango and Super Maramu. At first I was very much into Mango but after inspecting Super Maramu I am more into SM now. I would very much appreciate any insight about the differences of two boats. Like sailing perfomance, systems....

regards,

Slavko

Massimo Vecchietti

....I  am extreme SM is a sailing boat...
Mango is a house boat!
Max
Patchouli II   SM#84

Il Gio 20 Feb 2020, 02:33 Slavko Despotovi <slavko@...> ha scritto:
Hello,

I am on the market for Amel. Have seen Mango and Super Maramu. At first I was very much into Mango but after inspecting Super Maramu I am more into SM now. I would very much appreciate any insight about the differences of two boats. Like sailing perfomance, systems....

regards,

Slavko

martin haméline

I was unaware Amel made a houseboat...
The Mango is older and a model enhanced became SM.
Someone who has sailed extensively on both should be able to describe the nuances of each.
Cheers Slavko!

Martin
VoileOVent
Maramu #129

On Feb 20, 2020, at 8:10 AM, Massimo Vecchietti <massimovecchietti@...> wrote:

....I  am extreme SM is a sailing boat...
Mango is a house boat!
Max
Patchouli II   SM#84

Il Gio 20 Feb 2020, 02:33 Slavko Despotovi <slavko@...> ha scritto:
Hello,

I am on the market for Amel. Have seen Mango and Super Maramu. At first I was very much into Mango but after inspecting Super Maramu I am more into SM now. I would very much appreciate any insight about the differences of two boats. Like sailing perfomance, systems....

regards,

Slavko

rob dillmann

We have looked into a maramu, mango and supermaramu before deciding on a mango.

The mango is comparable to a maramu, but slightly larger.

The difference between a mango and super maramu depends, since later mango’s can also have electrical furling and the bowthruster.

Aside from that, the mango has a regular propshaft (which I find an advantage) and a different hullshape, especially aft. Systems are 12v. Prices of Mango’s are more favorable.

In general many features of the mango are also present in the super maramu.

More details can be found in sailboatdata.com.

Good luck with the choice, either way all boats are Amels,

Regards,
Rob Dillmann
Westwind Mango nr 43

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 20 feb. 2020 om 07:33 heeft Slavko Despotovi <slavko@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hello,

I am on the market for Amel. Have seen Mango and Super Maramu. At first I was very much into Mango but after inspecting Super Maramu I am more into SM now. I would very much appreciate any insight about the differences of two boats. Like sailing perfomance, systems....

regards,

Slavko

martin haméline

Excellent Rob.
I only looked at Maramu and Mango.  Really liked the extra room on the Mango but ended up with an older Maramu; mainly cost factors = just do it!