From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io
Sent: 15 March 2020 10:34
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo warning

Was found at:
https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/files/Volvo%20Penta/volvo%20penta%20workshop%20manual%207748668_EN.pdf

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Gerhard Mueller

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

I just looked on https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/files and cannot see any Volvo folder. Was this in the original Yahoo group?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sv Garulfo
Sent: 14 March 2020 19:21
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io

Hi,

We uploaded the workshop manual with all the codes in the « volvo penta » folder of the group.

Hope it’ll be useful

Thomas

GARULFO

A54-122

Tahuata, French Polynesia

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 05:27, Mark & Debbie Mueller <brass.ring@...> wrote:

The Volvo Service Bulletin was received from an extremely helpful dealer, Fordham Marine, Jacksonville, FL  904.743.2140.  The other information I came across was when I had the same problem as Paul.  I was trying to find a method to determine what was wrong without having to pay a mechanic 2 1/2 hours travel time to come to the boat to diagnose then make a second trip back with the parts.  It seemed very inefficient and costly.  I heard about the OEM mode wanted to learn how to access it.  Wish I had all the codes but have not found a way to get them.  They do vary slightly between different engine models.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

--
Cheers
Paul

Sv Garulfo

[...]

Mark & Debbie Mueller

The Volvo Service Bulletin was received from an extremely helpful dealer, Fordham Marine, Jacksonville, FL  904.743.2140.  The other information I came across was when I had the same problem as Paul.  I was trying to find a method to determine what was wrong without having to pay a mechanic 2 1/2 hours travel time to come to the boat to diagnose then make a second trip back with the parts.  It seemed very inefficient and costly.  I heard about the OEM mode wanted to learn how to access it.  Wish I had all the codes but have not found a way to get them.  They do vary slightly between different engine models.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Marc

Thanks for sharing these information. Great information, such Service Bulletin’s are vital.

Question: I have seen these Volvo Penta Service  Bulletin“ once at the Volvo dealer. Are these public available from Volvo on request or by download?

- Or how you got those Service bulletins?

Thanks for giving me one more item for the maintenance list ;-)

Happy Sailing

Ruedi Waldispuehl
WASABI A54. #55

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mark & Debbie Mueller <brass.ring@...>
Datum: Dienstag, 10. März 2020 um 19:29
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo warning

I had the same fault code with the last digit being "0".  I was able to lube and free up the actuator.  It could also indicate a bad sensor or another turbo related issue.  Take a look at the attached and be sure to read the comments that I added at the time.  Good luck with the repair.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Matt Salatino

There is an excellent cleaner for burned on deposits that would work great for this application. It is a gun cleaning product called “Shooter’s Lube”.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Mar 10, 2020, at 2:41 PM, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark. It’s pretty much what I did except I used WD40 and did not spray at the same time as moving the arm up and down – maybe I should try that. Maybe I should use Corrosion X instead?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

I had the same fault code with the last digit being "0".  I was able to lube and free up the actuator.  It could also indicate a bad sensor or another turbo related issue.  Take a look at the attached and be sure to read the comments that I added at the time.  Good luck with the repair.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Mohammad Shirloo

Thanks for sharing Mark. One more item added to list of maintenance.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

[...]

I looked up fault code MID 128, SID 27, FMI 1 and it is something to do with the Variable Nozzle Turbine (VNT). A Swedish forum said to WD40 and “exercise” the lever which I did but I still get the error (unlike the person on the forum with the same problem!).

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

--
Cheers
Paul

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Thanks Mark, that did the trick. Mine is 128, 27, 1 – will now try to find out what it means…

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada