Cleaning the fuel tank

Patrick McAneny

I have never cleaned a fuel tank and was wondering how one goes about it, I only now have about 10 gallons in the tank. Do you install a pump hose on the end of a length of 1/2 pcv tube and just move it around the bottom of the tank and see what comes out. Any suggestion on what type of pump.
Thanks,
Pat
SM#123

Aras Grinius

Ya pretty much.  Add a series of filters to remove junk.  Tha'ts the eseeance of fuel polishing....
Aras
Sharki #163

--
Aras

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

I just had mine professionally cleaned – it cost USD500 and took several hours with some pretty sophisticated looking gear, and involved negotiating baffles in the tank. Good luck!

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada