Topics

Imperial seals in the Caribbean - onan water pump

Caraibe Marine in Martinique is an Onan dealer. 

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 7:15 AM Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
David, While in Le Marin last winter I had a new raw water pump shipped from an Onan dealer in Fla.,it took about a week to be shipped. I am sure you could have seals shipped as well. 
Good Luck ,
Pat
SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cummane via Groups.Io <davidcummane=mac.com@groups.io>
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 14, 2020 7:27 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Imperial seals in the Caribbean - onan water pump

I have a leak on the genset raw water pump and am in Guadeloupe.  Yesterday I managed to source the pump shaft from the onan dealer in pointe a pitre.  However am having more difficulty sourcing the seals as there are only metric sizes available here.

I have tried using the new shaft with the old seals but as expected not a very successful outcome.

Will hopefully be heading towards Antigua, BVI, Bahamas and onto the US, virus restrictions permitting.  Would be great to get hold
of the correct seals before I reach the US though.

Any suggestions welcome.

David
Ker Marie
SM#101

Patrick McAneny

David, While in Le Marin last winter I had a new raw water pump shipped from an Onan dealer in Fla.,it took about a week to be shipped. I am sure you could have seals shipped as well. 
Good Luck ,
Pat
SM#123

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 14, 2020 7:27 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Imperial seals in the Caribbean - onan water pump

I have a leak on the genset raw water pump and am in Guadeloupe.  Yesterday I managed to source the pump shaft from the onan dealer in pointe a pitre.  However am having more difficulty sourcing the seals as there are only metric sizes available here.

I have tried using the new shaft with the old seals but as expected not a very successful outcome.

Will hopefully be heading towards Antigua, BVI, Bahamas and onto the US, virus restrictions permitting.  Would be great to get hold

Any suggestions welcome.

David
Ker Marie
SM#101

David Cummane

I have a leak on the genset raw water pump and am in Guadeloupe.  Yesterday I managed to source the pump shaft from the onan dealer in pointe a pitre.  However am having more difficulty sourcing the seals as there are only metric sizes available here.

Will hopefully be heading towards Antigua, BVI, Bahamas and onto the US, virus restrictions permitting.  Would be great to get hold

Any suggestions welcome.

David
Ker Marie
SM#101