View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 7:15 AM Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
David, While in Le Marin last winter I had a new raw water pump shipped from an Onan dealer in Fla.,it took about a week to be shipped. I am sure you could have seals shipped as well.
Good Luck ,
Pat
SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cummane via Groups.Io <davidcummane=mac.com@groups.io>
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 14, 2020 7:27 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Imperial seals in the Caribbean - onan water pump

I have a leak on the genset raw water pump and am in Guadeloupe.  Yesterday I managed to source the pump shaft from the onan dealer in pointe a pitre.  However am having more difficulty sourcing the seals as there are only metric sizes available here.

I have tried using the new shaft with the old seals but as expected not a very successful outcome.

Will hopefully be heading towards Antigua, BVI, Bahamas and onto the US, virus restrictions permitting.  Would be great to get hold
of the correct seals before I reach the US though.

Any suggestions welcome.

David
Ker Marie
SM#101