Topics

Main Sail - Manual Furling Gear Box

Brian Mitchell

Dear Amel Owners,

We are in need of the main sail, manual furling gear box assy for an SM2000 model Amel 53’ – would anyone have either a second hand or new one that you could offer to us to purchase?

Kind regards,

Sue

S Y Lola

Captain Brian & Sue Mitchell

+61 481 719770

+61 431 469500

Craig Briggs

Hi Sue,
Your post did not give your location, but your +61 phone suggest Australia. The reduction gear maker is Bonfiglioli and they have offices in NSW - you can google them.
Good luck with it.
Craig

Alan Leslie

Hi Sue and Craig,
I am sure that some one will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the MANUAL gearbox on the main furler is an Amel custom product only available from Maud.
The motorised gearbox on a SM2000 is not Bonfiglioli as on the SN and early SMs, but LEROY SOMER, but this is not what I think Sue is asking about.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Brian Mitchell

Thank you for the below information. Yes we are in Australia and I will Google the manufacturer.
Kind regards,
Sue

Sue Mitchell
S Y Lola
+61 481 719770

On Apr 17, 2020, at 23:27, Craig & Katherine Briggs SN 68 Sangaris Tropic Isle Harbor, FL via groups.io <sangaris@...> wrote:

Hi Sue,
Your post did not give your location, but your +61 phone suggest Australia. The reduction gear maker is Bonfiglioli and they have offices in NSW - you can google them.
Good luck with it.
Craig

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

I just removed cleaned up and changed all the seals on my manual furler, and Tuesday I will release a video about the process.  Barring a complete disaster or stolen, I can't believe that the manual furler on the mainsail should ever require replacement.  Filling with grease, yes.  Maybe changing all the seals, yes.  But not complete replacement.  You may have to go to a machine shop to help replace the bearings..... But that's it...

All parts are sold by Maud....

So, If you want watch the video....  4 days till launch!

Fair Winds,

Ken Powers
Currently on Lockdown in Phuket Thailand
SM2K#262