Maybe Olivier can be a SME or Bill Kinney.
Just a thought.

Aras

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 6:57 AM Thomas <thgu@...> wrote:
Bill,

Sorry for my delayed response.
I'm interessted to join. I hope i did not miss it allready....
If not, do you have a date for the call?

It is a very good idea to involve prople from AMEL. This is building trust in you and the owners group.
Maybe, in another step, somebody from SAV (service après vente) can join a call.

Kind regards
Thomas

SV CHIFFON
SM2K#475

Gesendet: Freitag, 01. Mai 2020 um 17:46 Uhr
Von: "CW Bill Rouse" <brouse@...>
An: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Betreff: [Special] [AmelYachtOwners] Additional ZOOM Meetings #ZOOM
All,

The most common suggestion that I have received regarding the ZOOM meetings is to have expert guest speakers on subjects that are of interest to most of the members. I have contacted people I know, respect, and consider experts. I am awaiting replies from experts on:
Sails
Refrigeration
Standing Rigging
Dessalator
Lithium Solutions
I also asked Antoine RIOTON from Amel to do a presentation on the Amel 50/60
Another suggestion I had was to find an "...Insurance Adjuster, whose role it is to be the interpreter of the policy, protecting only the insurance company in order to minimize liability and expenses.  This expert is the one we need to come and talk to us about insurance and how to get the best policy for the most reasonable price." I am aware of public marine insurance adjusters in Florida but have no direct knowledge of any of these.

Comments welcome.

I will keep you informed.

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

--
Aras Grinius

NICOLAS KLENE <n.klene@...>

Fabulous idea Bill , thank you for doing this and helping us keeping Our sanity !!👍

Le 1 mai 2020 à 17:46, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> a écrit :

[...]

Alan Leslie

I agree, this is a big issue....
I have had issues with insurance companies that say they CAN'T insure Elyse because she is British registered, moored in New Zealand and I live in Australia.
What has all that got to do with the risk of insuring a boat ?
Right now I only have her insured for NZ waters as my plans to sail in the South Pacific this season are on hold...indefinitley.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Dean Gillies

I would certainly appreciate Zoom sessions with subject matter experts who can keep us up to date on topics which are relevant to our vessels.
Maybe we can add Instrumentation Systems (B&G, Furuno, Raymarine etc) to the list.  Also of interest would be Communications Systems (Satellite, SSB, etc).
You have created a (nice) monster Bill 👍
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hi Bill,

Both suggestions would please greatly

Kind regards

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, NZ

On 2/05/2020, at 3:55 AM, Arlo <svplanb@...> wrote:

That would be awesome Bill. I couldnt attend the last meeting as I had a conflict with my work schedule but looking forward to more of these calls.

Teun BAAS

Bill,

I think that insurance is a very big issue. I have now approached 6 to 7 agents/companies mentioned on our AYOG Forum and get very conflicting reasons of not willing to write insurance, like:

  1. You are USA citizen (although I pointed out several times I am NOT – I am a DUTCH citizen).
  2. But you do have a USA address (correct but I can give you legal non-USA addresses)
  3. You are NOT a USA citizen or resident (I am a LEGAL USA resident since 1986 and just had my green card renewed in February for 10 years) and this policy is specifically for USA citizens and/or residents and/or boats and/or ….
  4. You don’t have a USA address (YES I do – pls see the application)
  5. We don’t cover your navigational limits (AUSTRALIA etc.)

In talking to agents recommended via our AYOG forum I realize few of them remember/recognize the AMEL specific 6 or 7 watertight compartments so they tell me I need additional pumps on board; our overbuild rigging etc. etc.; and tell me I need to renew my rigging (just surveyed in December 2019 in COOMERA) because it is now 10 years old.

In all honesty: agency on #3 and #4 is now looking at this again after I wrote back I was a USA resident and had a USA address she replied she was going to look into this.

I know I am not the only AMEL owner having this problem – another member mentioned on the forum maybe looking at organizing our own group insurance (maybe via LLOYDS ?? they are used to write unusual policies)

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

May 1, 2020 10:02:02