Topics

Updated Event: Zoom Meeting Presentation of the Amel 50 from La Rochelle - Saturday, 16 May 2020 #cal-invite

Tilo Peters

Thanks for setting this up, Bill!

As mentioned, the best experience is via Zoom link (https://epfl.zoom.us/j/98523568530, Meeting ID: 985 2356 8530), as it will give you the best output and you will see things as they are transmitted. So far, I have been amazed at how well zoom performs over relatively low-bandwidth connections. I especially recommend using the app that you can download for free at zoom.us.

I have also created a YouTube Live stream: https://youtu.be/Ffks9eEkGG4

This stream may be a bit off, as it seems to show my control view and not the speaker view that is normally transmitted via Zoom. After the meeting I will upload the Zoom recording to YouTube and send out that link as well, but these days Zoom is taking 48-72 hours to process the videos.

See you Saturday (or Sunday, depending upon what part of the world you’re in)!

Tilo
Zurich, Switzerland

On 11May, 2020, at 17:19, main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> wrote:

Zoom Meeting Presentation of the Amel 50 from La Rochelle

When:
Saturday, 16 May 2020
20:00 to 21:00
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
From La Rochelle, France aboard Amel 50 SPEED OF LIFE

Group members Matt & Cindy Salatino will present their brand new Amel 50 #27 "Speed of Life" from the Amel pontoon in La Rochelle. Matt and Cindy will give us a virtual tour during this presentation and answer your questions at the end of the presentation. Tilo Peters will administer the ZOOM meeting and I suspect that things will run smoothly and be enjoyed by all attending. Tilo may record this on YouTube and also may do a YouTube simulcast, but your best experience will be with ZOOM. Tilo will update you on what he will do with YouTube.

   Direct link to Join the 16 May at 20:00 UTC - ZOOM Meeting https://epfl.zoom.us/j/98523568530
   Meeting ID: 985 2356 8530
   Join by SIP 98523568530@...

If you missed our first ZOOM meeting, you can view it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/7Mm1bbL-PaA. The first meeting was a test to understand the process. We did not have an expert guest speaker but we plan to have an expert guest speaker for most future meetings. I am currently working to line up experts for:
   Standing Rigging
   Sails
   Refrigeration
   And more

Times for participation around the world.

Country GMT +/- Scheduled Time Scheduled Date
(GMT) 0 2000 5/16/2020
UK Summer Time 100 2100 5/16/2020
NZ 1200 800 5/17/2020
AU Queensland 1000 600 5/17/2020
Tahiti -1000 1000 5/16/2020
USA West DST -700 1300 5/16/2020
USA East DST -400 1600 5/16/2020
USA Central DST -500 1500 5/16/2020
Martinique -400 1600 5/16/2020
Germany 200 2200 5/16/2020
Central EU Summer Time 200 2200 5/16/2020
Note: The above was checked with: https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-gadgets/time-zone-converter/

<Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Zoom Meeting Presentation of the Amel 50 from La Rochelle

When:
Saturday, 16 May 2020
20:00 to 21:00
(UTC+00:00) UTC