Topics

genoa furler cover MEJ1 removal

Maybe this helps...it is a page from my Amel Book. You did not state your hull number, but if it is an early 54 the cover is sealed with sealant and it may be a little difficult to remove:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:07 PM Roque <ediroque@...> wrote:
Great!

Maybe you could take this opportunity to install grease ports

Em qua., 20 de mai. de 2020 às 14:59, Jeroen jeltes <j.jeltes@...> escreveu:
i managed to get it removed finally, and apparently the cover is mounted in a recess.

Roque

Great!

Maybe you could take this opportunity to install grease ports

Em qua., 20 de mai. de 2020 às 14:59, Jeroen jeltes <j.jeltes@...> escreveu:

i managed to get it removed finally, and apparently the cover is mounted in a recess.

Jeroen jeltes

Jeroen jeltes

Dear Roque,  thank you for picture,it helps,  pls do you have a picture of the cover?  it is not clear if it has a flat surface. regards,  Jeroen

Roque

Hi

Maybe this pic will help. 

Roque 

Attika A54 #117

Em qua, 20 de mai de 2020 às 12:43, Jeroen jeltes <j.jeltes@...> escreveu:

Hi all Amel owners.  i am struggling to remove the cover of the MEJ1 furler,  to be able to replace te belt.
i have tried a rubber hammer, i do not like to use a srewdriver as this would damage the anodising of the cover and sealbed.
Is the cover flat ? or has the furlerbody recesses for the screws?  in other words does it have to come out vertically, or should i use more force with the hammer sideways?  advice welcome. 
Jeroen Jeltes,  Fidelis Am54 Aruba.

Jeroen jeltes

Hi all Amel owners.  i am struggling to remove the cover of the MEJ1 furler,  to be able to replace te belt.
i have tried a rubber hammer, i do not like to use a srewdriver as this would damage the anodising of the cover and sealbed.
Is the cover flat ? or has the furlerbody recesses for the screws?  in other words does it have to come out vertically, or should i use more force with the hammer sideways?  advice welcome. 
Jeroen Jeltes,  Fidelis Am54 Aruba.