Topics

Am54 water in bilge floor below aft shower

Arno Luijten

Hi Jeroen,

Access to the area under the shower requires extreme agility. You can also remove the airconditioner to get slightly better access. The floorboard just in front of the housing of the A/C gives you limited access but you will need to execute a Lambada dance for it. You said it’s fresh water, my guess is the condensation drain for the A/C is playing havoc. You can remove the wooden cover of the A/C pretty easy, 4 screws. If your shower is leaking the smell will tell you ...
This is also the place where salt water will go if your rudder gland is leaking.

Regards,
Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

Mark Erdos

I don’t think you will find the leak to be at the hose connections for the shower drain. It is more likely the shower pan is leaking the edges. Look closely at the area where the pan joins the bulkheads.

Also on the SM53 the aft AC unit can overflow into the area under the shower if the condensation drain for the unit becomes clogged. (not sure of the 54 and the placement of the aft AC unit if this can occur).

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeroen jeltes
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 10:35 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Am54 water in bilge floor below aft shower

ref Amel 54 bno 118 Fidelis,  now in quarantine in Aruba,  so plenty of time to do jobs.

We have noticed for some time there is water, fresh water, collecting underneath the aft shower cabin.
I want to check the hose connections and hoseclips of the shower drain, yet how do i get there ?? 
i cannot find an inspection hatch .

Teun BAAS

Hi Jeroen,

How can you tell there is (fresh) water underneath the Master shower?

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

On the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

May 23, 2020 14:09:30

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeroen jeltes via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 13:35
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Am54 water in bilge floor below aft shower

ref Amel 54 bno 118 Fidelis,  now in quarantine in Aruba,  so plenty of time to do jobs.

We have noticed for some time there is water, fresh water, collecting underneath the aft shower cabin.
I want to check the hose connections and hoseclips of the shower drain, yet how do i get there ?? 

ngtnewington Newington

The whole point of water tight bulkheads is to prevent water from flowing between the compartments.. 

Nick

Amelia AML 54-019 KIlada Gr

On 23 May 2020, at 21:34, Jeroen jeltes <j.jeltes@...> wrote:

Jeroen jeltes