Topics

Am54 water in bilge floor below aft shower

Arno Luijten

Hi Jeroen,

Access to the area under the shower requires extreme agility. You can also remove the airconditioner to get slightly better access. The floorboard just in front of the housing of the A/C gives you limited access but you will need to execute a Lambada dance for it. You said it’s fresh water, my guess is the condensation drain for the A/C is playing havoc. You can remove the wooden cover of the A/C pretty easy, 4 screws. If your shower is leaking the smell will tell you ...
This is also the place where salt water will go if your rudder gland is leaking.

Regards,
Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

Mark Erdos

I don’t think you will find the leak to be at the hose connections for the shower drain. It is more likely the shower pan is leaking the edges. Look closely at the area where the pan joins the bulkheads.

Also on the SM53 the aft AC unit can overflow into the area under the shower if the condensation drain for the unit becomes clogged. (not sure of the 54 and the placement of the aft AC unit if this can occur).

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us