From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arno Luijten
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 8:34 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Getting to St Maarten- New York

Hi Eric,

I live on St. Maarten and at present the way they want to “see” things happening for people that want to evacuate their boat from St. Maarten is that they will allow people to fly in from abroad as of June 1st, when landend you are supposed to go to your boat and leave within 24 hrs.
Clearly this idea is conceived by persons clueless about the reality of preparing a boat for large crossings. So I expect a lot of people will protest agains this “arrangement”.

This Island is governed by people that regrettably don’t have the skill-set required for such a task. The effect is that rulings change at a pace hard to keep up with. The ‘randomness” of the rulings is often frustrating as well.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna
A54-121

Arno Luijten

[...]

eric freedman

Hi Porter,

Thanks for the offer.

I plan on flying to St Thomas June 1st.

I will either charter a small plane, if I can get into the airport, or a powerboat to take me to St Maarten June 2.

If they will allow me I will haul the boat June 3 and have it surveyed. I will then have insurance. I will have a friend do my food shopping.

We will fuel up and head directly for NY asap.

If you can get to St Thomas, please join us.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376