Topics

Bamar EJF Furler

amel46met

Hi Bill
No jammed  swivel
Thanks for the manual I did not have that. thinking it could be stuck paws or maybe motor brushes was hoping to not have to drop the fore stay. thanks for your suggestions
Tom Deasy
Aphrodite Maramu #125

On Jul 7, 2020, at 8:19 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

I do not know, but have you ruled out a jammed swivel at the top of the foil?

Also, do you have the manual?

The manual states (about page 40):
The electric furler turns and then stops
Causes:
• Halyard wrapped around the foils.
Halyard swivel badly adjusted.
• Genoa sheet jammed.
Have you greased according to the manual?

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 9:28 AM amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Yes Bill The jib furler  is not original I installed it four years ago. But do you have any ideas why it is malfunctioning? Unfurling 1 foot and then stopping.
Tom Deasy
Aphrodite Maramu #125

On Jul 6, 2020, at 8:37 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Tom, the EJF is the forestay furler on your Maramu but was not the original furler.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 9:46 AM amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Hi Bill
The Barmar EJF is the forestay furler.
Tom Deasy
Maramu #125 1983

On Jul 5, 2020, at 5:07 PM, Bill Shaproski <bill.shaproski@...> wrote:

Are you referring to your Genoa furler or your main sail furler?  If it's the main sail furler, is it the outhaul motor/gearbox that stops or the furler motor/gearbox that stops?  If it's the main sail furler, were you able to get it back by manually cranking it in?  I suspect you're referring to the Genoa furler, but just wanted to confirm.
Regards.
Bill Shaproski
S/V Pacific Cool

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:43 PM amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Hello Group
Tom Deasy APHRODITE Maramu 1983 #125
I am having a problem with my electric furler, four years old and several thousand miles.It will unroll about 2 feet and stop it will not roll back up. Is it possible for me to disassemble to see the problem could it be the brushes or possibly corrosion with the paws or the electrical brake system any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tom Deasy

--
Bill Shaproski
Cell:  +1-206-375-2787