Topics

Fuel tank inspection

Aras

I went thru the fill valve on mine. Flexible wand pretty much did the trick

Aras
SV/FIASCO
Sharki #163 1988

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 9:01 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I want to clean my fuel tank, I can only see one small cap that I assume is for the sending unit. Before I tear off the foam cover glued to the tank looking for a larger inspection port, I thought I would ask if one exists on the top of the tank.
 Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

--
Aras Grinius

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

There are no hatches on your tank. So if you want to inspect, you have to make one.
Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

23 juli 2020 kl. 13:29 skrev Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...>:

Michael , Ann Sofie, I don’t want to cut a new port and will do the best I can through the existing port. Thanks for the info.
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Patrick McAneny

Michael , Ann Sofie, I don’t want to cut a new port and will do the best I can through the existing port. Thanks for the info.
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

Hi Pat,
No there is non. We hade to make i ours.

Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila
SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

23 juli 2020 kl. 05:45 skrev michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000@...>:

Hi Pat,
 I have just been through the process, on sm251, we only have the sender opening,  I sucked out all the fuel  through the filters with my vacume extraction,  opened up the outlet , put a light into the tank, I used a rag on a stick to wipe what I could, it was one of those job's that didn't really need to be done,  it was really clean, a small amount of dark colored somthing on the bottom. About the size of a saucer.
Just a thought before cutting the top for inspection openings.
Michael  NEBO

On Thu, 23 Jul. 2020 at 11:01 am, Patrick McAneny via groups.io
<sailw32@...> wrote:
I want to clean my fuel tank, I can only see one small cap that I assume is for the sending unit. Before I tear off the foam cover glued to the tank looking for a larger inspection port, I thought I would ask if one exists on the top of the tank.
 Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

michael winand