--
Slavko
SM 2000

This is a very common issue. The water heating element needs replacing and as far as I know, there are none available. Another owner stated he was going to have one made in Hong Kong where his SM is located. Possibly he will answer this.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 9:01 AM Slavko Despotovi <slavko@...> wrote:
Hello,

last time when connected to shore power I have used dishwasher and after one minute all the power went off. Including the shore power unit. This did not happened when running air conditioning or washing machine. Interesting enough I have turned on generator put the power on and dishwasher was running without interruption. Power was on all the time. Next time I tried again and shore power went off, again generator ok. Before going in to deep investigation is there any idea on the forum what might be the issue? Grounding is one that comes to my mind

than you..
--
Slavko
SM 2000

Slavko Despotovic

Thank you for reply. But heater is heating when running 220V from generator.

regards,

slavko

The Shore Power Ground Fault Interrupt is much more sensitive than the GFI main breaker on your SM. And the dishwasher will heat water until it gets hot enough to open small cracks in the heating element that will be present in any heating element this age.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:01 AM Slavko D. <slavko@...> wrote:
Thank you for reply. But heater is heating when running 220V from generator.

regards,

slavko

Mark Erdos

Is the shore power 50 or 60 htz? (you do not state where you are located)

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

Thank you for reply. But heater is heating when running 220V from generator.

regards,

slavko

Slavko Despotovic

It is 50 Hz. I am currently in Slovenia, marina Portoroz.