Topics

Amel 55 sea chest strainer part#

Billy Newport

We were cleaning our sea chest strainer for first time since getting the boat and it was pretty dirty but the upper lip on the strainer was also broken and taped back on by previous owner. I'm having trouble contacting Amel for spares whether by email yesterday or by phone, noone answered today.

Is there a spares web site where parts can be ordered or does anyone know if a 3rd party supplies the sea strainer?

Thanks
Billy

John Clanton

Billy,

The sea chest and strainer are made by Vetus, although the top is a special Amel adaptation.  A quick look on ebay under “vetus strainer” yields a number of different options.

John

S/V Devereux, A55, No.65

Currently in Antibes

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited.

Billy Newport

Thanks John
Looks like a vetus ftr1320, confirming with Amel before ordering.