Deck cap replacement for head pump out fitting

Kevin Schmit

Good morning,

I contacted Maude looking for a replacement deck cap fitting for my head pump out tank but was informed Amel does not carry that part anymore.

Has anyone sourced this part elsewhere?

Kevin
SM#362 Kiana (formerly Nomad)
Charleston SC

You can buy these in a number of places. They are 50mm or 2 inches.

Here is a snippet from a page in my Amel Book.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:22 AM Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
Good morning,

I contacted Maude looking for a replacement deck cap fitting for my head pump out tank but was informed Amel does not carry that part anymore.

Has anyone sourced this part elsewhere?

Kevin
SM#362 Kiana (formerly Nomad)
Charleston SC

Kevin Schmit

Bill

You never cease to amaze....thanks.

Kevin

On Nov 12, 2020, at 9:45 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

You can buy these in a number of places. They are 50mm or 2 inches.

Here is a snippet from a page in my Amel Book.
<image.png>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:22 AM Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
Good morning,

I contacted Maude looking for a replacement deck cap fitting for my head pump out tank but was informed Amel does not carry that part anymore.

Has anyone sourced this part elsewhere?

Kevin
SM#362 Kiana (formerly Nomad)
Charleston SC

Ryan Meador

I've been searching for replacements for these caps since almost the day we bought our boat, and I haven't found them anywhere -- but that was before the very helpful info from Bill!  I settled on buying some pin pliers, which allow opening and closing the broken fittings.  Those pliers come in handy for all kinds of other things as well, like tensioning the alternator belt.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Salem, MA, USA