Secondary Saltwater Manifold SMs & 54s, and possibly some Santorins, Mangos, and Maramus

Jim Anderson

Interested.
Thank you.
SM384
Sirena Azul

A US Amel 54 owner has ordered and will install the PVC Secondary Saltwater Manifold. The 54 Secondary Saltwater Manifold is much more complicated than the SM2k. The SM2k Secondary Saltwater Manifold prototype is completed and ready to order. I negotiated a 15% discount for all Amel owners from SOTOMARIN, France. They are the supplier to Amel for the PVC manifolds beginning with the 55 and including the 50 & 60.

The Amel 54 Secondary Saltwater Manifold kit is 457.18 ‎€ less15% Discount of 68.58 ‎€ = 388.60 ‎€ (Net XVAT + shipping)
Unless you need it immediately, I suggest we wait until I have a report from the first installation.
The Amel Super Maramu 2000 Secondary Saltwater Manifold kit is 437.36 ‎€ less 15% Discount of 65.60 ‎€ = 371.76 ‎€ (Net XVAT + shipping)
This is a simple installation and very straight forward. It is ready to order...see below
Amel Super Maramu 2000 Secondary Saltwater Manifold Kit...
To order, contact Laura at contact"at"sofomarin.fr

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 8:20 AM Vladan Bojic <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:
Interested

Vladan
A54 #157 PAME

Vladan SV PAME

Interested

Vladan
A54 #157 PAME

Mohammad Shirloo

Great work Bill. Thanks for another year of help to keep all Amels functioning  at their best and finding new solutions.

Happy holidays and new year to you, Judy, your entire family and the Amel group. Looking forward to a better 2021.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Datum: Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020 um 17:10
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>

Most SM & 54 owners are aware that sooner or later they will need to replace the Secondary Saltwater Manifold which was made by Amel from copper pipe.
Here is a view of the original SM Secondary Saltwater Manifold:
<image.png>

There have been some very good after-market stainless steel manifolds produced by various sources including the one below made by Emek Marine for around 1,000 euro. The one below was installed on BeBe SM 387.
<image.png>

I have taken on the project to find the best replacement for this manifold. Many of you are aware that Amel has switched to a PVC manifold for saltwater distribution and eliminated both the Primary and Secondary Saltwater Manifolds that are common in SMs and 54s. The supplier to Amel is SOFOMARIN, France. I have been working with SOFOMARIN to design a suitable replacement for the Secondary Saltwater Manifold in SMs & 54s. What is shown below is 60cm wide and will fit all of the SM hoses and will work on the 54 by keeping one of the far left outlets closed and capped. All of the hose barb connectors included are an exact match to the original hoses used in SMs and 54s. If you are not in Europe, the 35mm hose barb on the right side is virtually impossible to find.
<image.png>

The above PVC manifold will cost around 350 euros from SOFOMARIN in France. Before I take this to the next level, I would like to see how much interest we have in this group. If any owner has the original copper Secondary Manifold, I believe you should consider this replacement.

Please reply with "interested" if you are interested.

Thanks,

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

[...]