Secondary Saltwater Manifold SMs & 54s, and possibly some Santorins, Mangos, and Maramus

Jim Anderson

Interested.
Thank you.
SM384
Sirena Azul

A US Amel 54 owner has ordered and will install the PVC Secondary Saltwater Manifold. The 54 Secondary Saltwater Manifold is much more complicated than the SM2k. The SM2k Secondary Saltwater Manifold prototype is completed and ready to order. I negotiated a 15% discount for all Amel owners from SOTOMARIN, France. They are the supplier to Amel for the PVC manifolds beginning with the 55 and including the 50 & 60. 

The Amel 54 Secondary Saltwater Manifold kit is 457.18 ‎€ less15% Discount of 68.58 ‎€ = 388.60 ‎€ (Net XVAT + shipping)
Unless you need it immediately, I suggest we wait until I have a report from the first installation.
The Amel Super Maramu 2000 Secondary Saltwater Manifold kit is 437.36 ‎€ less 15% Discount of 65.60 ‎€ = 371.76 ‎€ (Net XVAT + shipping)
This is a simple installation and very straight forward. It is ready to order...see below 
Amel Super Maramu 2000 Secondary Saltwater Manifold Kit...
To order, contact Laura at contact"at"sofomarin.fr

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 8:20 AM Vladan Bojic <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:
Interested

Vladan
A54 #157 PAME

Vladan SV PAME

Interested

Vladan
A54 #157 PAME

Mohammad Shirloo

Great work Bill. Thanks for another year of help to keep all Amels functioning  at their best and finding new solutions.

Happy holidays and new year to you, Judy, your entire family and the Amel group. Looking forward to a better 2021.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:54 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Secondary Saltwater Manifold SMs & 54s, and possibly some Santorins, Mangos, and Maramus

The company making the above is closed for the Christmas holidays. The above will work in any SM, but will not work for a 54. We are currently designing one for the 54. I will post in this thread when the company in France is ready to take your order for SM and will post here when the 54 design is complete. Thanks for your patience.
--

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

Thanks Bill , a good start in 2021 good health for you and your familiy and frinds

Elja
SM Balu

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Peter Forbes

Great start. Thank you.

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango
La Rochelle
00447836 209730

On 30 Dec 2020, at 18:53, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

<dummyfile.0.part>

The company making the above is closed for the Christmas holidays. The above will work in any SM, but will not work for a 54. We are currently designing one for the 54. I will post in this thread when the company in France is ready to take your order for SM and will post here when the 54 design is complete. Thanks for your patience.
--

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St

+1(832) 380-4970

Courtney Gorman

Merry Christmas Bill thanks for all your hard work it’s truly appreciated 👍🏻
Have a Very Happy New Year 🎆 

On Dec 30, 2020, at 1:53 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

<dummyfile.0.part>

--

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St

+1(832) 380-4970

--

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St

+1(832) 380-4970

Eloi Bamberg

intrested

Eloi

SM2K 426

rossirossix4

Interested
Bob, KAIMI SM429

Chris Doucette

Hi Bill,

I am certainly interested and have a late model SM 2K.   I was honestly working on doing the same project INCLUSIVE of the manifold that comes out of the sea strainer. 

I am working on a concept for using parts manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - as it is High strength and light-weight. 

Goals:
1) maintain or increase volume and flow dynamics 
2) shut-off valves for specific components
3) non corrosive
4) strong & resistant to crushing, breaking and temperature
5) serviceable with more off-the shelf types of components
6) replaceable barb adapters so as hoses change they can be adjusted.
6) easily assembled (within reason)

This company has most of the components, inclusive of the ball valves needed to accomplish this.   

These guys make Stainless BSP to NPT adapters that could be useful also to take on the sea strainer part.

The crux for me is getting all the measuring of the required hose barbs etc. for the first and second manifold correct- I would be replacing ALL the hoses off of the first manifold (feeds to the  Yanmar, Genset, and second manifold) and fewer of the second manifold.  For example, fiberglass reinforced elbow on the sea strainer- could be 1.5 - 2.0 inch - I can't tell without tearing into it.

Chris
Amarok SM 385

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Bill,

We are interested.

Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Finike, TURKEY

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, December 14, 2020, 9:42 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Yes,

For the 54 we are finalizing a design that will look like the following. I expect that it will mount slightly higher than the original where there is 10mm clearance between the Cockpit drain and the bulkhead insulation. The cockpit drain will be in front of the Blue Coupling. It will ship with a new 35mm hose that connects to the Primary Saltwater Manifold. Other issues are still being worked out and a test install will be done on a 54. It will likely be Jan or Feb of next year before the 54 is available to purchase. The SM should be available sooner. 

I need to find a SM owner willing to test the install before it is available for ordering. Someone in Europe would be best.

Below is the 54 design as it is currently:
image.png

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 12:25 PM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:
Dear Bill,

thanks a lot for this project.

I am interested.

But mine looks a bit different (1 connector right of the cockpit drain, 3 (4) left, no connector behind the cockpit drain).
That is why I like to see it in advance.

Best regards and a Merry Christmas to all
Stefan
A 54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Bahamas

Yes,

For the 54 we are finalizing a design that will look like the following. I expect that it will mount slightly higher than the original where there is 10mm clearance between the Cockpit drain and the bulkhead insulation. The cockpit drain will be in front of the Blue Coupling. It will ship with a new 35mm hose that connects to the Primary Saltwater Manifold. Other issues are still being worked out and a test install will be done on a 54. It will likely be Jan or Feb of next year before the 54 is available to purchase. The SM should be available sooner. 

I need to find a SM owner willing to test the install before it is available for ordering. Someone in Europe would be best.

Below is the 54 design as it is currently:
image.png

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 12:25 PM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:
Dear Bill,

I am interested.

But mine looks a bit different (1 connector right of the cockpit drain, 3 (4) left, no connector behind the cockpit drain).

Stefan

Stefan Schaufert

Dear Bill,

I am interested.

Stefan

Peter Tiner

Yes interested.

Thanks Bill

\Peter  SY Maiken A54 #52

I have created some confusion regarding SMs. Early model SMs have only a Primary Saltwater Manifold. 
Later model SMs and all 54s have a Primary Saltwater Manifold and a Secondary Saltwater Manifold. 
At this time I am only working on the Secondary Saltwater Manifolds.  

image.png

Bill

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 8:30 AM Stefano Biffi <cptbiffi@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, I am interested 
Ciao 

Stefano
N’EVEREST Super Maramu 185
Dry dock Magra river Italy 

Il giorno 14 dic 2020, alle ore 15:10, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> ha scritto:

We have done some measurements and have a solution for the SM. We are still working on the A-54. Hopefully, within a week, we will have a tentative solution for the A-54 and will release ordering information for both.

Bill

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 6:41 AM Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:
Hi Bill and Ameliens,

Interested...Thanks for your efforts on this project! 
I’m specially interested in the primary Manyfold.

Marry Christmas and Healthy New Year to everybody; stay save
Ruedi 
SY WASABI
A54 #55

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Antworten an: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020 um 17:10
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: [AmelYachtOwners] Secondary Saltwater Manifold SMs & 54s, and possibly some Santorins, Mangos, and Maramus

Most SM & 54 owners are aware that sooner or later they will need to replace the Secondary Saltwater Manifold which was made by Amel from copper pipe.
Here is a view of the original SM Secondary Saltwater Manifold:
<image.png>

There have been some very good after-market stainless steel manifolds produced by various sources including the one below made by Emek Marine for around 1,000 euro. The one below was installed on BeBe SM 387.
<image.png>

I have taken on the project to find the best replacement for this manifold. Many of you are aware that Amel has switched to a PVC manifold for saltwater distribution and eliminated both the Primary and Secondary Saltwater Manifolds that are common in SMs and 54s. The supplier to Amel is SOFOMARIN, France. I have been working with SOFOMARIN to design a suitable replacement for the Secondary Saltwater Manifold in SMs & 54s. What is shown below is 60cm wide and will fit all of the SM hoses and will work on the 54 by keeping one of the far left outlets closed and capped. All of the hose barb connectors included are an exact match to the original hoses used in SMs and 54s. If you are not in Europe, the 35mm hose barb on the right side is virtually impossible to find.
<image.png>

The above PVC manifold will cost around 350 euros from SOFOMARIN in France. Before I take this to the next level, I would like to see how much interest we have in this group. If any owner has the original copper Secondary Manifold, I believe you should consider this replacement. 

Please reply with "interested" if you are interested. 

Thanks, 

Bill

Stefano Biffi

Thanks Bill, I am interested 
Ciao 

Stefano
N’EVEREST Super Maramu 185
Dry dock Magra river Italy 

Il giorno 14 dic 2020, alle ore 15:10, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> ha scritto:

We have done some measurements and have a solution for the SM. We are still working on the A-54. Hopefully, within a week, we will have a tentative solution for the A-54 and will release ordering information for both.

Bill

Hi Bill and Ameliens,

Ruedi 
SY WASABI
A54 #55

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Betreff: [AmelYachtOwners] Secondary Saltwater Manifold SMs & 54s, and possibly some Santorins, Mangos, and Maramus

Most SM & 54 owners are aware that sooner or later they will need to replace the Secondary Saltwater Manifold which was made by Amel from copper pipe.
<image.png>

There have been some very good after-market stainless steel manifolds produced by various sources including the one below made by Emek Marine for around 1,000 euro. The one below was installed on BeBe SM 387.
<image.png>

I have taken on the project to find the best replacement for this manifold. Many of you are aware that Amel has switched to a PVC manifold for saltwater distribution and eliminated both the Primary and Secondary Saltwater Manifolds that are common in SMs and 54s. The supplier to Amel is SOFOMARIN, France. I have been working with SOFOMARIN to design a suitable replacement for the Secondary Saltwater Manifold in SMs & 54s. What is shown below is 60cm wide and will fit all of the SM hoses and will work on the 54 by keeping one of the far left outlets closed and capped. All of the hose barb connectors included are an exact match to the original hoses used in SMs and 54s. If you are not in Europe, the 35mm hose barb on the right side is virtually impossible to find.
<image.png>

The above PVC manifold will cost around 350 euros from SOFOMARIN in France. Before I take this to the next level, I would like to see how much interest we have in this group. If any owner has the original copper Secondary Manifold, I believe you should consider this replacement. 

Thanks, 

Bill

Bill

Hi Bill and Ameliens,

Ruedi 
SY WASABI
A54 #55

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks, 

Bill

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Bill and Ameliens,

Ruedi 
SY WASABI
A54 #55

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks, 

Bill

Sv Garulfo

Interested!

Thanks Bill

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Raivavae, French Polynesia

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 00:54, luvkante via groups.io <luvkante=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Interested.

Bill, you are our hero.

Martin

AMEL 54 # 149 CHIARA