A54 bow thruster emergency switch

Wolfgang Weber <webercardio@...>

Hello to the group,
One word about the BT emergency switch.
Amel recommended to push (without load)the emergency switch regularly several times to prevent malfunction. There might be a risk of corrosion.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162

Jamie Wendell

Wolfgang, maybe this switch you are referencing is only on late model A54s. I do not have one to my knowledge.
Where is it located on your boat?
Thanks,
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Wolfgang Weber <webercardio@...>

This red knob  is the emergency switch for the bow thruster on Amel 54#162.
Inside the box are relay and fuse.
Wolfgang

Jamie Wendell

Oh, I see what you are talking about. That disconnects a lot more than the bow thruster.
It also shuts off the anchor controls. I had to replace mine with a rotary switch, as the original pushbutton rusted solid.
Thanks
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Jamie, Amel added it later than your production. I would add it if I were you. Please do not quote me, but I thought Amel had a kit for any 54 owner to install this if it wasn't originally installed by Amel
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 11:07 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:
Wolfgang, maybe this switch you are referencing is only on late model A54s. I do not have one to my knowledge.
Where is it located on your boat?
Thanks,
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Bill et al,
My 54 Hull 019 had the red stop button from when I bought her in 2017. In addition there is a description of its use and photo in the owners manual.
My feeling is that it was installed from new, at the factory.
Nick
S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr

On 15 Dec 2020, at 20:43, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Jamie, Amel added it later than your production. I would add it if I were you. Please do not quote me, but I thought Amel had a kit for any 54 owner to install this if it wasn't originally installed by Amel
<image.png>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 11:07 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:
Wolfgang, maybe this switch you are referencing is only on late model A54s. I do not have one to my knowledge.
Where is it located on your boat?
Thanks,
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Alain Durante

Dear All,

For information I have an Amel 54 Hull 21 and I do not have that red stop button!

Cordialement,

Alain Durante

My 54 Hull 019 had the red stop button from when I bought her in 2017. In addition there is a description of its use and photo in the owners manual.

My feeling is that it was installed from new, at the factory.

Nick

S/Y Amelia

AML54-019

Leros Gr

On 15 Dec 2020, at 20:43, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Jamie, Amel added it later than your production. I would add it if I were you. Please do not quote me, but I thought Amel had a kit for any 54 owner to install this if it wasn't originally installed by Amel

<image.png>

Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.

View My Training Calendar

Image supprimée par l'expéditeur.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 11:07 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:

Wolfgang, maybe this switch you are referencing is only on late model A54s. I do not have one to my knowledge.
Where is it located on your boat?
Thanks,
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Jean Boucharlat

Alain,

Are you the same Alain Durante who participated in the Transpacific race from Australia to Japan in a steel boat in the 80's If so, we met in the Japanese fishing harbour of Omosu where I kept my Maramu. You had a son by the name of Yuya. If I am correct please drop me a note at jean.boucharlat(at)orange.fr. I just came to France 10 days ago after more than 50 years in Japan.

My apologies to all other members for this private message. I couldn't resist trying to make sure.

Jean Boucharlat (formerly Maramu N° unknown then SM 232)

Les Liaudais

03360 Meaulne-Vitray

Tél. fixe : 04 7006 9665

Tél. portable : 06 8057 4968

[...]

Peter Forbes

My Amel 54 number #35 has no emergency bow thruster switch - I wish it did.

I am masking Amel for a kit!

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango 54 #035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

[...]

<image001.jpg>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 11:07 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:

Wolfgang, maybe this switch you are referencing is only on late model A54s. I do not have one to my knowledge.
Where is it located on your boat?
Thanks,
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44

Dominique Sery

Hello,
i have the A54 #16 bought in 2017 and i have the red stop button. A54 with original comfort package.
Irko 1 Kilada Greece
Dominique

Alain Durante

Bonjour Jean,

Yes, it is me and so nice to receive your message after so many years 😊

Amel community is a great place to meet people and have such wonderful experience, merci beaucoup!

Jean, talk to you soon.

Cordialement,

Alain Durante

[...]

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Peter,
Good Idea to ask AMEL; - let us know the answer.
BTW: my Amel-54 Hull Nr.-55 has no red stop button for the BT as well.

Ruedi
"SY WASABI"
Amel 54. #55
Alemrimar, Andalucía

[...]

I will tell you their reply.

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 16 Dec 2020, at 10:10, Rudolf Waldispuehl <rudolf@...> wrote:

[...]

Nick, in my experience, some, but not all Emergency Cut-Off Red Buttons were installed at Amel when the 54 was built. I am not sure if there is a time or a reason, but I have had clients that did not have this installed and Amel had sent them a kit.

Bill

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 1:15 AM ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Mark & Debbie Mueller

If your E-Stop button does not want to work a new actuator rated IP65 or higher, preferably IP67, would solve the issue and should not be affected by moisture in the future.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Bill,

It is odd that Amel did not fit the red stop button on all the 54’s.

Looking forward to getting back to Amelia in the spring and fingers crossed that the vaccine rollout will be well underway and we can go back to some normality.

All the best

Nick

On 16 Dec 2020, at 15:27, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Dean Gillies