SM Fresh water pressure tank

I bet Wayne Bell can tell you where you will find one. There are so many cisterns and wells on¬†Antigua, you will probably have a choice of color.ūüėÄ
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill,

I'll take a look around Antigua and see if I can find a replacement.

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 12:01 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Dan, that tank is mounted behind the generator and is the expansion tank for the water heater.

I bought that tank at an agriculture water pump shop in Australia. It was replaced in about 2008 and I am sure needs replacing. I bought one twice the size as the original. You should be able to find one anywhere that water-well pumps are sold.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:38 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Here is the photo of the tank.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 11:30 AM Dan Carlson via groups.io <carlsdan61=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, my fresh water pressure accumulator tank is loosing pressure and then the pump has to cycle frequently when using water.

I have added air to the tank a number of times now and it escapes over a few days. I also removed the air fill valve and inspected and put silicone on the rubber seal and valve.

Does anyone else have troubleshooting experience? Or replacement?

I am currently in Antigua.

Photo of tank attached.

Thanks and regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

Dan Carlson

[...]

You have 2 accumulator tanks in the freshwater system. One at the freshwater pump, and one behind the generator.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:01 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

It is probably the rubber bladder that separates the water from the air inside the accumulator. Since SM 387 was new the accumulator tank was replaced only one time about 7-8 years ago. I bought the tank from Amel. The Shurflo 3400-002 is a direct replacement for the upgraded pump #88B, but you have 66B. I would say it is time. I did not try replacing the bladder. I understand that this can be done. Possibly someone here can give you input on that.

You may have trouble locating the tank. TF Marine made pump HA-60, the photo below.  TF Marine pumps are readily available in Europe, and some from SAV@..., but hard to buy outside of Europe.
http://www.tfmarine.it/
info@...
TF Marine srl - 55049 - LUCCA - Italy
Tel.:+39-0584-33.82.38

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:30 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Hello, my fresh water pressure accumulator tank is loosing pressure and then the pump has to cycle frequently when using water.

I have added air to the tank a number of times now and it escapes over a few days. I also removed the air fill valve and inspected and put silicone on the rubber seal and valve.

Does anyone else have troubleshooting experience? Or replacement?

I am currently in Antigua.

Photo of tank attached.

Thanks and regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

Mark McGovern

Dan,

I had the same issue when I bought Cara.  It turned out to be a pinhole leak where the bracket was spot welded to the tank.  I had my fabricator fix the leak but another leak popped up right away so I just replaced the accumulator with a new one.  Shurflo part number 3400-002 is a direct replacement for the Amel OEM one.

Here's a link to a video of me finding the pinhole leak under water:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uyZZ-6Zzf3OoCSzp1y8rbg4EJWxaYO6v/view?usp=sharing

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara