SM Fresh water pressure tank

I bet Wayne Bell can tell you where you will find one. There are so many cisterns and wells on¬†Antigua, you will probably have a choice of color.ūüėÄ
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, 

I'll take a look around Antigua and see if I can find a replacement. 

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 12:01 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Dan, that tank is mounted behind the generator and is the expansion tank for the water heater.

I bought that tank at an agriculture water pump shop in Australia. It was replaced in about 2008 and I am sure needs replacing. I bought one twice the size as the original. You should be able to find one anywhere that water-well pumps are sold.
image.png

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:38 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Here is the photo of the tank. 

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 11:30 AM Dan Carlson via groups.io <carlsdan61=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, my fresh water pressure accumulator tank is loosing pressure and then the pump has to cycle frequently when using water. 

I have added air to the tank a number of times now and it escapes over a few days. I also removed the air fill valve and inspected and put silicone on the rubber seal and valve.

Does anyone else have troubleshooting experience? Or replacement? 

I am currently in Antigua. 

Photo of tank attached. 

Thanks and regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

Dan Carlson

Thanks Bill, 

I'll take a look around Antigua and see if I can find a replacement. 

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 12:01 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Dan, that tank is mounted behind the generator and is the expansion tank for the water heater.

I bought that tank at an agriculture water pump shop in Australia. It was replaced in about 2008 and I am sure needs replacing. I bought one twice the size as the original. You should be able to find one anywhere that water-well pumps are sold.
image.png

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 11:30 AM Dan Carlson via groups.io <carlsdan61=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, my fresh water pressure accumulator tank is loosing pressure and then the pump has to cycle frequently when using water. 

I have added air to the tank a number of times now and it escapes over a few days. I also removed the air fill valve and inspected and put silicone on the rubber seal and valve.

Photo of tank attached. 

You have 2 accumulator tanks in the freshwater system. One at the freshwater pump, and one behind the generator.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:01 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

image.png

Photo of tank attached. 

image.png

Photo of tank attached. 

Dan,

It is probably the rubber bladder that separates the water from the air inside the accumulator. Since SM 387 was new the accumulator tank was replaced only one time about 7-8 years ago. I bought the tank from Amel. The Shurflo 3400-002 is a direct replacement for the upgraded pump #88B, but you have 66B. I would say it is time. I did not try replacing the bladder. I understand that this can be done. Possibly someone here can give you input on that.

You may have trouble locating the tank. TF Marine made pump HA-60, the photo below.  TF Marine pumps are readily available in Europe, and some from SAV@..., but hard to buy outside of Europe.
http://www.tfmarine.it/
info@...
TF Marine srl - 55049 - LUCCA - Italy
Tel.:+39-0584-33.82.38

image.png

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:30 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:

Photo of tank attached. 

Mark McGovern

Dan,

I had the same issue when I bought Cara.  It turned out to be a pinhole leak where the bracket was spot welded to the tank.  I had my fabricator fix the leak but another leak popped up right away so I just replaced the accumulator with a new one.  Shurflo part number 3400-002 is a direct replacement for the Amel OEM one.

Here's a link to a video of me finding the pinhole leak under water:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uyZZ-6Zzf3OoCSzp1y8rbg4EJWxaYO6v/view?usp=sharing

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

Dan Carlson

Photo of tank attached. 

Dan Carlson

Photo of tank attached.