--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Miles

Hi Bill,

For interest you are correct.  Amel did change the mast top along with many other things.  When I bought Ladybug, my SM 216, from Amel, they offered the extra halyard holder as an expensive option.  I accepted.  It was a beautifully crafted plate of stainless steel that was fitted to the top of the mast and had over hangs on the front two sides for halyard blocks.  I am not at the boat now (the boat is in Le Marin.  I am in Newport), but I will take a photo when I return in an two months or so if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Miles

Jarek Zemlo

Juan
thank you, looks like the best solution for the masts we have
Regards
Jarek
NOA BLUE

OK, the next time someone asks this same question, here is my answer😀☺😀
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:36 AM Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:
Jarek,

I have the same mast head on my SM#32.
Using the hole at the front there is a big eye as per the picture attached on which you can put a block for a spinnaker or genaker halyard.

Juan de Zulueta
Ophelie X
SM#32
Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 20 janv. 2021 à 10:56, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> a écrit :

Well, obviously Amel changed the mast top during the production of the SM to allow for a specific mounting for an external halyard. I am betting Mr. Amel resisted this addition.😀

This is another simple reminder, that although SMs look alike from the beginning of production until the last one produced, changes were made a lot more frequently than most of us realize. I try to remember when answering a question to include this statement in all answers.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 6:54 AM Jarek Zemlo via groups.io <noa_blue=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
another picture from the front
<dummyfile.0.part>

Jarek
NOA BLUE

Juan de Zulueta

[...]

Ian Park

Now
I reckon someone removed the spare halliards  to use the holes for the forward  aerial and the wind transducer. They seem to be occupying the places where my two halliards are located.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN 96

Jarek Zemlo

Bill Hi,
I am far away from my boat now but checked pictures and my 1997 model #201 is without that extension on the main mast. I am certain that it is original and there was no modification made to the mast top. I took the masts down for the first time since new for repainting (see picture).

Jarek
NOA BLUE

Courtney Gorman

Bill you totally amaze me every answer photos included
You da MAN
Cheers 🍻

On Jan 19, 2021, at 5:08 PM, Jarek Zemlo via groups.io <noa_blue@...> wrote:

Bill,
Thank you
All the best
Jarek
NOA BLUE

Jarek Zemlo

Bill,
Thank you
All the best
Jarek
NOA BLUE

You will find an extension of the mast top to attach a block or shackle for a block

Photo from the front
image.png
photo from the starboard side
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 3:26 AM Jarek Zemlo via groups.io <noa_blue=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

I got my SM without spare halyard on the main mast. I like to ask where on the main mast is the spare halyard block attached so it is not interfering with other halyards and hardware.
Regards
Jarek Zemlo
NOA BLUE

Jarek Zemlo